Ch. 33 Decision

The next morning, Reed didn't wake at his usual time. He'd been waking to make sure I took my medicine.

I slipped out of bed and went downstairs. I made coffee and got my medicine. I sat at the bar of the island and took a drink of my coffee.

Oh, Reed. I still didn't know what to do, but I knew I loved him. I knew he was worth the fight. He wasn't his family. Things had to work out, because I didn't know how to live without him.

I'd been so happy with him. I couldn't imagine a moment of my life without him. For every big thing in my life, I wanted him there, and I wanted to watch him achieve greatness as well. We were good apart, but could be incredible together. We could be unstoppable.

I looked down at my ring. I took it off and looked at it, examining it. It was gorgeous, really sparkly. I didn't want to think about how much it cost him, but it wasn't like I had to worry; he was set for life.

"Georgia?" Reed spoke.

"Yeah?"

"Can we talk?"

I nodded.

He stepped in and made a cup of coffee. He turned to me, the island between us. He took a drink and held the cup between both of his hands.

"I don't want you to leave me," he softly whispered.

I took a breath.

"I love you. I know my family is impossible. I know that, but I know that I can't imagine my life without you. That's-That's terrifying."

"I know," I whispered.

"I like leaps of faith, because you took one when you began dating me. I just don't like not knowing what my life is going to be like, who's going to be by my side. I don't like the unknown."

"Why me?"

"Because you're different. You're a breath of fresh air."

"In a few years, that'll get old. You'll want a trophy wife that you can take to parties and twirl around the dance floor, someone extraordinary. I'm me, Reed. I'm always going to be me. I'm never going to be a Tiffany." I looked up at him.

He looked at me. "I don't want to marry someone like Tiffany or my sister. I don't care what everyone thinks. I care that I love you. In twenty years, I'm still going to love you. I don't want to marry Tiffany, because in two years, she'll have an affair and I'll be heartbroken. Then, she'll blame me and sue me. She never loved me. She likes the idea of me, a man with big pockets and a lot of money. But you? You love me. I can feel that you love me. I'm asking you to look past my family, look past the material crap, and look at me. Consider me."

I didn't say anything. I didn't know what to say.

The front door opened.

"Reed?" Peter called.

Reed sighed.

Peter came in the room. "Reed, you're not going to believe this."

"Peter, can it wait?" Reed asked.

He looked between us, his smile fading. "Did I walk in on something?"