Ch. 35 Burning Love

The next morning, when our alarm went off, Reed sighed. He got out of bed slowly, trying to be quiet.

I rolled over, turning towards him. "Reed?"

He turned to me. "Hey, honey. Go back to sleep."

"Are you going to the courthouse?"

"Yeah."

"I want to go to work, even if I just read papers all day."

He sighed and nodded. "Come on, I'll help you wash your hair."

I got out of bed and followed him to the restroom.

We stripped and got in the hot shower.

It woke me up a bit. I looked up at Reed as he shampooed my hair.

"Did you sleep well?" he murmured.

I nodded. "Did you?"

He nodded.

"Do you have a busy day?"

"Not too busy. Court this morning, then a meeting with a client after lunch."

I nodded.

He rinsed my hair.

I washed his and rinsed it.

As he worked the conditioner through my hair, I put my hand on his shoulder, holding myself up.

"You have physical therapy tomorrow."

I nodded and breathed, "I can't wait."

He smiled and kissed my nose.

When he was finished rinsing my hair, we cleaned off and got out of the shower. We dried off and went to our room.

Reed went to the closet and got his usual white and black attire. He dressed.

I slipped on panties, but I couldn't quite get my bra. "Reed, can you help?"

I didn't have to turn around.

His hands took the latches from my hand. He clasped my bra. "Need help with your dress too?"

I nodded.

He got a dress from the closet that had a white top and a black skirt. He helped me into it and zipped it up. He planted a kiss at the base of my neck. "Okay. Next, your hair?"

"I've got it."

"No, let me," he whispered. He led me to the vanity and helped me sit.

He grabbed my brush and hairdryer and dried my hair, brushing through it as he did so. It was extremely calming.

"Are you sure you're not gay?"

He smiled, "I'm sure."

When he was finished drying my hair, he turned my curling iron on.

"Reed-"

"Georgia, every time you singlehandedly curl your hair, I have a heart attack. I asked our secretary to show me how to curl hair. I'm not going to burn you."

I looked up at him. "You asked Ms. Andrews?"

"I don't want you to burn yourself. She was very helpful."