Ch. 59 Accidents

I woke to my phone ringing.

I groaned and turned over. I was on top of someone, not wearing my blazer. I sat up. I was on top of Evan, wearing his blazer, my panties, and nothing else. He was in his boxers. I looked around us. Jen was in bed beside us, dressed in her panties and Evan's dress shirt.

Oh, my God. What the fuck happened?

My phone continued to ring.

We were in my bedroom, my bed.

I crawled off the bed and found my way to my jacket. I got my phone out and hoarsely answered, "Hello?"

"Georgia, where the hell have you been?" Reed asked.

"Jen and I went out for drinks. We came back home and crashed." I closed my eyes and tried to focus. "How was the flight?"

"It was fine. I was worried about you. You weren't answering your phone and after yesterday-"

"I know, I know. Honey, I'm sorry. I-" I felt like I was going to get sick. "Hang on a moment."

I got up from the floor and ran to the restroom, where I proceeded to heave into the toilet. I couldn't stop getting sick for a couple of minutes.

"Georgia? Georgia?!" Reed shouted.

When I stopped getting sick, I flushed the toilet and managed to get up and rinse my mouth out. "Reed?"

"Do I need to come home?" he gasped, sounding extremely concerned.

"No, no, no. I'm fine." I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked like a hot mess. "When do you meet with your client?"

"In an hour or so, then we're off for a bit. I've been up for a while, though. I couldn't reach you. Your security detail said you went out and made it home, but they hadn't seen you."

"Did they tell you anything else?"

He was quiet.

"What? Reed, I-I don't remember anything past the pub. What happened?" I was beginning to panic. If he knew, he'd be mad, probably, but I didn't know what happened. I desperately wanted to know what was going on. Why did I wake up how I did? What did Reed know?

"He said Evan was with you and Jen, that you all got completely wasted and Evan suggested going back to our place. He said the three of you were so wasted, he had to help you to the condo, then when you got there, Jen began to strip, then Evan did. Jen stripped you. There was something about changing clothes and laughter. I don't know. I just know that I'm not happy about you undressing in front of another man, especially your ex."

"I'm sorry. I just-I was having a rough week and I needed to unwind. He came in and we talked and he bought me a drink. It went from there. It was like a college frat party."

"That makes me feel so much better," he grumbled.

"Reed, please, don't be mad at me," I pleaded.

"Why? Because you're hungover? Fuck, Georgia. You shouldn't have gone out last night. I told you if you wanted to get drunk to do it at home."

"I didn't want to be alone."

"Then, why didn't you have Jen come to the house?"

"Because it's quiet as hell. It's awkward and weird sitting in a huge condo with just the two of us. It's depressing. I needed to get out of the house."

"So you waited until I was out of town to do it?"

"Reed-"

"I'm not going out. I'm in Vegas and I'm not going out. I'm not gambling or drinking or going to clubs. Do you know why?"