Ch. 62 The Last Time

The inspiration for the majority of this chapter is the song and video linked. Please, leave comments and don't forget to like the chapter. 
-Sami

When I woke, I was still on the couch. Netflix was asking me if I was still watching. I clicked the exit button and sighed. What time was it?

Just passed one in the morning.

I sighed and stretched. I had a blanket on my lap, probably Marta's doing. I yawned and blinked a couple times. I didn't get up, though. I was too disoriented and tired.

The door opened and Reed walked in. He froze when he saw me. "Georgia, what are you doing up?"

"I thought you weren't going to be long. I, uh, fell asleep on the couch, I think." I turned the television off and looked at him. "Are you done with work?"

"Yeah, I am," he sighed. He softly smiled at me. "I'm sorry I took so long."

I shrugged and stood. I stumbled, but caught my balance. I folded the blanket and placed it over the couch. I turned to him and opened my arms.

He walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me. He gave me a kiss and sighed. "Let's go to bed, yeah?"

I nodded.

He lifted me in his arms and carried me to our room. He placed me on the bed.

I don't even remember falling asleep.

***

When I woke, I was in a T-shirt and shorts. I rubbed my eyes and turned over in the bed. I saw Reed beside me and sighed. I looked back at the clock. It was 9:30 in the morning.

Reed turned over.

I turned my attention back to him.

He looked up at me, looking sleepy. He gave me a tired grin. "Morning."

"Morning," I quietly whispered. I was too tired for loud noises.

He reached over and grabbed my waist. He pulled me closer to him and turned into me, cuddling up to me. He sighed.

I tangled my fingers in his hair.

It felt nice and calm, unusual compared to our usual schedules. For the first time in a while, we relaxed and had time to cuddle. It was peaceful and quiet; it was a rare occasion.

"We should get up," Reed mumbled into my hair.

I shook my head.

"Georgia." I could hear the smirk in his voice.

I shook my head again. I didn't want to get up. I didn't want to move.

My phone rang.

I groaned.

He chuckled. "Pick it up."

"No."

"Georgia, it could be important."

I groaned and reached over to the side table. I leaned down towards the floor and dug through my purse. I finally retrieved my phone.

I cleared my throat and answered, "Hello?"

"Judge, I'm glad I caught you. There was a mix up on your schedule. You're due in court," Andy spoke.

"When?"

"Now."

"Great," I sighed. "I'll be there soon."

"Okay."

I hung up and moved away from Reed. "Court mix up. Due in court."

He groaned.

I got up and went to the restroom. I showered and brushed my teeth. Then, I quickly dried my hair and went to the closet. I threw on a bright pink sheath dress and taupe heels. I strapped a gold necklace around my neck and snapped some hoop earrings on my ears, then I went to my vanity and painted on a little bit of makeup--foundation, concealer, blush, eyeliner on my top lids, and some mascara. I kissed Reed goodbye and left.