Ch. 32 The Dress

On Saturday, I woke early. I was too excited. Actually, I was more anxious than anything. I carefully and quietly slipped out of bed

The house was quiet. It was calm.

I went to the coffee pot and made myself a cup of coffee, then I went to the living room and sat on the couch. I was trying to calm myself down. But I couldn't. I was too excited. The day's mission was finding the dress I would marry Reed in. It was a big day.

I sat there for nearly an hour, finished my coffee, made myself another cup, and sat back down in the living room for another half an hour.

Around 7:30, I heard Reed hoarsely speak, "Georgia?"

I turned and looked at him.

He was standing in the threshold. He was shirtless, his hair a mess. He looked like a model that hopped out of one of the pages of a romance novel.

"What are you doing up?" he spoke in that hoarse morning voice of his.

"I woke up early."

"It's 7:30 on a Saturday morning. Come back to bed."

I put my coffee on a coaster and stood. I walked over to him.

He lifted me up and carried me upstairs. He walked into our room and put me on the bed. He got in beside me and wrapped an arm around me.

After a few minutes, I whispered, "I can't sleep."

"Why not?" he mumbled into my shoulder.

"Because I'm too excited."

"What are you excited about?"

"I'm going wedding dress shopping today."

I felt him smile against my skin. He tightened his grip on me, wrapping a leg around one of mine. "That's exciting."

"I know."

I turned to him, moving down in the bed so we were nose to nose.

His eyes were closed. He didn't say anything. He didn't move.

I leaned in and gently pressed my lips to his. I pulled back.

He put a hand to my cheek. "You're making me choose between sleep and you."

"Pick me. Pick me," I quietly squeaked.

A hint of a smile played on his lips as he rolled us, so he was over me. "I can't say no to you."

"Then, don't," I smiled.

His eyes, now open, searched mine. He ran his thumb along my cheek. "I don't want to hurt you."

"What?" I breathed.

"You're still recovering."

"Reed."

"It's not even been three weeks."

"Reed."

"Quit being so irresistible."

I smirked, "Sorry, can't."

"Can't? You mean there's not a switch?"

"Nope."

"I'm sure there's a switch."

"There's not," I giggled.

"There's not?"

"Nope."

He laughed and ran his hands over me. His hands gripped my back, went to my hips, my shoulders, stomach--everywhere he could touch without being dirty.