Ch. 26 Visitor

The next morning, I woke late. It was around 9:15.

Reed was still beside me. He was on his back, facing the ceiling. He was still asleep.

I quietly got out of bed. I went to my suitcase and dug out blue jeans and a red button down top. I changed into them.

As I buttoned my shirt, Reed hoarsely spoke, "Georgia?"

I turned to him and whispered, "Yeah?"

"Come back to bed."

"I can't. If I do, Dad will come in here and see that you showed up in the middle of the night."

He looked down at himself, then around the room. "Oh, fuck." He hopped out of bed and dressed at lightning speed, throwing his clothes on.

I walked over to him and smiled, "It's fine. He's probably drinking coffee already. We can just go downstairs together."

He nodded.

I gave him a kiss. "Good morning."

"Good morning," he whispered.

I smiled and gave him another kiss.

He pulled back and sighed.

I went to my vanity and put some makeup on. Then, I took his hand and led him downstairs.

We were extremely quiet in case Dad was still asleep.

I walked to the kitchen, Reed staying a few steps back.

Dad was at the kitchen table, reading the newspaper and drinking coffee.

"Good morning," I spoke.

"Good morning, Peaches. How did you sleep?" He didn't look up from his paper.

"Pretty well. You?"

"Fine. I saw Ms. Haywood when I got the paper this morning."

"And what gossip did she share this morning?" I smirked.

Ms. Haywood was the neighborhood gossip. She knew everything and everyone it involved.

"She said she saw a man outside our house this morning. Isn't that strange?"

"Yeah."

"She said he was cute, wondered if it was Evan, but she said it didn't really look like him. She said the man was taller, but she couldn't tell much else since it was so dark."

"I see."

"I don't know who would show up in the middle of the night. Any other guys trying to court you?" he smirked, drinking his coffee.

"No, just the one," I smiled.

"Have you heard from him?"

"Uh, yeah, about that. . . We have a visitor."

Dad looked up. His eyes wandered to Reed, who was standing behind me. "Reed's here. Were you the man at four in the morning?"

"I'm afraid I was," Reed spoke.

Dad seemed to sigh. "Thank God. You two look like you need some coffee. Get some and come sit."

I looked at Reed. "Have a seat. I'll get the coffee."

He nodded and sat in front of my dad.

I fixed us cups of coffee.

"So, Reed, where've you been these past couple days?" Dad asked.

I bit my lip. Oh, no. Dad was going to interrogate him.

"I was clearing my head."

"Oh. And you couldn't talk to anyone?"