Ch. 63 Break

Two days had passed since my father had his heart attack. He was still in the hospital, and I was in therapy.

"Okay, so Reed cheated and your dad had a heart attack and you got a cat?" she asked.

I nodded.

She nodded. "Call your husband. Get him here."

I didn't even protest. I got my phone out and dialed Reed.

"Robinson."

"Hey, it's me. I need you to come down to my therapist's office."

"Why?"

"She asked me to have you come down here."

"I don't have time to-"

"Reed, please," I begged.

He sighed, "Send me the address."

"Okay."

The line disconnected.

I sent him the address and office number.

We sat in silence and waited for him to show up.

About half an hour later, there was a knock on the door.

"Come in," she spoke.

Reed came in and sat beside me on the couch. "Okay. Why did you need me here?"

"I wanted to hear what you had to say. Georgia told me you cheated again."

"I didn't sleep with anyone."

"You didn't have to," I spoke.

He looked at me. "Georgia, I don't do anything. I don't flirt. I don't go around finding women or anything. They come to work and they just-they act out of their own will."

"You don't try and stop it."

"How does that make you feel?" she asked.

"Like shit. It makes me feel like I'm never going to fully have him, like I'll never be good enough. I mean, I'm married to him and it's like our vows meant nothing."

Reed shook his head. "Georgia-"

"Reed, hearing this, how do you feel about what she's saying?"

"I feel heartbroken. I don't mean to hurt her. I don't mean for any of this to happen. I love her and every time something like this happens, it kills me because I know what it does to her. I know I don't need to be causing more anxiety than I already do or that she already suffers through, but I don't know how to stop this."

"Maybe you should try," she spoke.

He nodded.

I took a breath.

My phone buzzed.

"Excuse me," I spoke and answered, "Hello?"

"Hey, it's Dad."

"Hey, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I was just calling to tell you to go home after your appointment."

"Dad-"

"Peaches, you've slept at this hospital for three nights now. Go home. I'm fine."

"But-"

"You can't avoid Reed forever, honey."

"He's in therapy with me."

"Oh, dear. Go finish up and go home, okay?"

"Okay."