Ch. 49 Crazy Court Encounter

A few weeks passed since Reed was back on Tiffany's case. We'd both been working a hell of a lot--I in court and he on cases, mostly on hers. We didn't talk about it, nor about her. We didn't need to.

When her court day came, I woke to Reed staring at the ceiling.

He looked deep in thought.

"Are you okay?"

"Thinking about court."

"What about it?" I asked.

"My opening is missing something."

"I see. . . Well, you think about that. I'm going to have a shower." I kissed him and slipped out of bed. I went to the restroom and turned the shower on. I slipped under the hot current.

Not a moment later, Reed joined me.

One look at him and we were lost in each other again.

We'd had a lot of sex in the past couple of weeks--a lot of incredible sex. We were good together and we were finding our rhythm. It was fun.

When we were finished with our shower and dried off, I curled my hair and did my makeup. I went into the closet.

He was dressed in a black suit. He was looking at his ties.

I slipped on a bra and panties. I looked at my dresses. I slipped on a simple black fit and flare dress with long sleeves. I stepped into a pair of black heels and fastened on the pearl set Reed got me for Christmas.

He was still looking at ties.

I picked out a black one and began to tie it on his neck.

"You know a couple weeks ago when you tied me up?"

My eyes met his. "Yeah." I looked back to his tie. Where was he going with the conversation?

"Where did you learn it?"

"Experimenting."

"From whom did you learn it?"

"I plead the 5th," I spoke, tightening the tie around his neck and patting his shirt. "There."

"I want to know."

"Reed."

"Was it Wilcox?"

"No. This guy was after him. I don't want to talk about it, okay? It ended very badly. That's all you need to know."

"Did he hurt you?"

"Yes. Now, enough. We have to get to work and I need my coffee." I slipped out of the room and went downstairs.

Reed was right behind me. "What did he do?"

"Reed, I really don't want to talk about this."

"As your sexual partner, I have a right to know."

"What?"

"You know, they say that when you have sex with a person you sleep with the last ten people they had sex with. If he's one of the ten, I have a right to know."