I'm No Longer A Delicate Flower

*Niklaus' POV*

                            I knew she was still standing behind me, watching, waiting for me to make some kind of move.

"No we don't. There is nothing to talk about. I think it best if you leave the room," I turned slightly.

"There's plenty to talk about," she argued with me.

"You certainly have a death wish Finlay," I couldn't believe she was more stubborn now than before.

"I'm not afraid of you, been there done that. You can't kill what's already dead," she taunted & that's the straw that broke the camel's back.

I stood inches in front of her before she knew what happened, "you certainly have a new sass about you & I'm not sure I like it."

"Well, get used to it because it's staying," she had such defiance in her eyes.

This girl that I saw in front of me was the reason my heart was broken & made me remember what I had spent the last year trying to forget, "you know if I didn't know any better, I would've sworn that Elizabeth just came out of your mouth."

"You know I only wanted to come in here to apologise for killing that vampire son of yours," her tone softened.

"Do you realise if that was anybody else who had done what you did, would be dead by now? I can't say I'm happy about it. I guess it was something that was my fault. I pushed too far & this is what happens," I took her face in my hands, "I never wanted this to become your life, I promise you & I can't take it back, no matter how hard I try. All I can do is say I'm sorry."

"I guess that makes up for it. So what do you intend on doing now? Are you staying here or are you going back to New Orleans to reclaim your throne since Marcel can't exactly do that job anymore?" she questioned, emphasizing the last part of the statement.

I stared into her eyes, trying to see what she wanted me to say, "Do you want me to leave?"

"It's not if I want you to leave, that's your decision Nik. I can't force you to go, but I know how much it pained both Elijah & Rebekah when you did. But something to think about is can you stay & tolerate seeing me every day for, well an eternity? I'm the reason you left in the first place. Can you handle that?" she never faltered in any way.

                             As we stood face to face, her lips just in reach, I wanted so badly to kiss her but then again I wanted to compel her to hate me so much that it would be easier for me to leave. I wanted to stay. I missed my family & I missed her.

"I know if you do either, you'll regret it in the end. We all missed you, including me," she spoke & I was indeed surprised.

"You can read my mind?" how was this possible?

"I guess the tables have turned Niklaus. Sucks, doesn't it? Having your most intimate thoughts easily read by the person you wish to keep them from," she walked away heading toward the door.

"I wish this had never happened to you," I didn't know what else to say as she opened the door.

"Why is that? Is it because you can't keep anything from me anymore or because I'm not the same vulnerable girl you once knew? Or is it both?" she never faced me when she spoke & she left the room.

                             I hated the fact that she was right. No one, not even my family, has ever been able to read my mind. I didn't like that one bit. I wondered if Freya could help me fix that. I also hated what vampirism had done to her. She had changed & I'm not sure if that was such a good thing. I left the studio & went down stairs to see what my siblings were up to. Rebekah had left the room. I guessed that she was with her human. Kol was standing in the doorway of the dining room watching something.