Her Bark Is Worse Than Her Bite

*Clark's POV*

                     All these spells, the mountains of grimoires & never ending words coming from my mum, yes that just described the past few hours. I'm so over this witch craft crap. If I had known about this from the beginning it would've been so much easier but no, my mother thought I'd be better off without all this supernatural shit in my life. Unfortunately I'm dating an original vampire, her siblings are original vampire & one is a witch & my best friends a vampire, so being unaware of the supernatural world is not going to happen now. I needed a break & someone that would understand the whole stress thing. So, who better to talk with than my best friend.

I dialled the number & after a few rings she answered, "hey, what's up?"

"My whole life's been a lie. Do you know there are such things as werewolves & possibly fairies but unfortunately no zombies?" I blurted into the phone.

She sniggered on the other end, "welcome to the world of the supernatural my dear friend. Only this one doesn't star Sam or Dean Winchester."

"Well Bek would be upset by the no Winchester brothers but no skin off my nose. Did you know about the werewolf part?" I wondered if she did know.

"No but it doesn't really surprise me. Anyway how's the witchy L-plater going?" Finlay sounded like she was amused by my suffering.

"There is like a gazillion things to learn & mum just told me we only have less than 24 hours to make me an almighty warlock to save the lives of you leeches – her words, not mine," I told her.

She replied, I knew she was rolling her eyes at what I had said, "Yeah I kind of get the feeling that she doesn't like vampires all that much."

"That's the understatement of the year. Anyway my cousin Bonnie's flying in & will be here around 1 tomorrow. I've never met her but I heard she's a super bad-ass witch. I thought I'd call you because I needed a breather. Mum also told me that even though I'm learning all this new stuff, she wants me to lay low," I was annoyed knowing that even by wasting my time on all this learning, I still wasn't able to participate.

"She's only protecting you. I'm on the same bench team as you. The Mikaelson's want me to say out of it & protect you. I'm pretty sure I can look after myself but I don't want to ruffle any feathers," she didn't seem impressed either.

"Ok so if both of us are sitting out of the ball game, what exactly are we supposed to be doing? I guess I don't want to be on the end of Mikael's kill wish list or Esther's magical can of whoop-ass but I don't want to be doing nothing either. I want to help. My best friend's fiancé & my girlfriend's lives are on the line. Do you think there is something we could do without being in the line of fire?" I knew I had to stop joking around, this was a serious matter.

"I think you might be on to something there Clark," she responded but I wasn't sure exactly what she was talking about.

"What are you thinking about? I can hear the cogs turning," I laughed, yet another joke, I was so nervous right now.

"Hang on because I'm sure I can still be heard," she paused for a moment or two, "I want this to be a big surprise, not just to Mikael & Esther but to everyone else involved as well. I'm not sure if Rebekah ever told you but if something does happen & the Mikaelson siblings die, so does every single vampire in the world, including yours truly. I'm not ready to be worm food just yet."

"No she didn't but now I know there's no way that I'm going to let that happen. We have to save them," this just got so much more real.

"Ok well I only just thought of this & because no one will be prepared, it will give us the advantage," she rambled on.