Everything Went To Hell

*Elijah's POV*

                    I shut the door behind me when all I wanted to do was hold that woman in my arms & stop time but this had to be done because each of us were sick of running. Pauline, Bonnie, Stefan, Damon & Enzo piled into Pauline's car as Freya, Rebekah, Kol, Niklaus & myself went in Niklaus' car. As I sat in the front passenger seat I pondered whether this would in fact be the final goodbye – our parents or us. For our family & for thousands & thousands of vampires, I hoped that it was our parents.

                     We parked our cars just in the parking lot in front of the warehouse. I spotted Esther standing, no sign of Mikael, perhaps he was waiting inside. Each of us were wary as we climbed out of the cars. I stood between Niklaus & Rebekah as we waited for the others to get over to us.

"Now we are all clear of what is going to happen?" I asked looking at each one of them.

                      I don't think there was a face there that didn't appear scared, including mine, even though I tried my best to put on my poker face. I made sure that Pauline, Bonnie & the three vampires walked behind us. Although they came to our aid, we had to protect them as well as ourselves.

"Oh this is wonderful Elijah; you bought me all of my children," Esther smiled sweetly, which I could only figure was a mask to show her true feelings, "but I'm not sure why you've bought an audience."

"Not an audience Esther, but our allies. People that want to make sure everything is done as it has been promised by you & Mikael," I took a step forward.

Esther seemed to be looking around, trying to find someone, "you didn't bring your beloved, Elijah. I thought that with you choosing your life as a human again that you would want her to be that also. I was so looking forward to finally meeting her."

"She's safe at the moment, thank you for your concern. Shall we proceed?" I hoped that my voice would not portray on how nervous & fearful I actually was.

"Right this way then," she spun on her heels & went into the warehouse.

I turned to the others, "be wary, keep your eyes open & watch your backs."

                           They each nodded & followed me in. Even though majority of us had heightened eyesight, it took a little time before our eyes adjusted to the darkened warehouse. I still couldn't see Mikael but I knew he would never miss a moment of this.

"I need each of you to drink this & then I will get a drop of each of your blood as to consecrate the spell," she spoke as she went over to a crate that was in the centre of the warehouse.

                            We each looked at each other, knowing that we would have to do this to make sure our plan never failed. Stefan, Damon & Enzo all stayed back beside the witches. The four of us siblings strolled over to where Esther was.

"Freya, my eldest, aren't you going to join your brothers & sister?" Esther finally noticing that there was a child missing.

"I am a witch, not a vampire so I think I shall stay right here thank you," Freya stood her ground.

                           If I had blinked I would've have missed the anger flare through Esther's eyes. It was as if she wanted all of us Mikaelson siblings to do this, but why? I thought the deal was to return us to our pre-vampire form, which was human witches. I didn't want to question this, I would just bite my tongue & I knew the others thought the same.