Your Wish Is My Command

*Finlay's POV*

                    I felt my spirit or soul or whatever you want to call it touchdown back into my body. I could hear someone crying, not loudly but enough to know whoever it was hurt.

I opened my eyes to see Elijah slumped over the wheel, shaking slightly, "Elijah, are you ok?"

                   Oh, my throat hurts like a bitch. I wondered if that was from the dying & coming back again. I didn't really want to go through that again ever.

His head shot over to peer in my direction, "I am now."

                   His eyes were bloodshot & there was dry blood that sat down the side of his face. I remembered when I saw him right before killing his parents. Wow, that sounded really sadistic the more I thought about it. He inclined toward me, embracing me like I was going to disappear if he were to let go. Our lips smashed together in one hell of a kiss, I can tell you that right now.

After what seemed an eternity, he pulled away but just enough to take my face in his hands, "I can't even tell you how I feel right now. You promised me that you wouldn't do anything stupid. You could've been killed by either of them & there would've been nothing I could've done to save you."

"Well technically I didn't do something stupid, Clark & I did but seriously Elijah, we knew what we were in for & neither of us were going to sit back, hoping that you all would come home in one piece. If that makes us selfish, well so be it. From where I was standing, you guys were getting your arses kicked. Besides, we won & I got to see my grandma again, twice actually," I smiled.

"Forgive me Finlay," he put his head down.

I was confused, "forgive you for what?"

"It is I that is the selfish one. If it wasn't for your selflessness, none of us would be here right now. We all owe you an eternity of gratitude, but me most of all," he told me.

"Well I expect for payment for you to take me shopping for a new robe to replace my bloodied destroyed other one," I smiled at him.

"I'll buy you everything your heart desires for the rest of eternity & it still wouldn't be enough," his eyes were still teary but the tears had stopped falling by this stage.

"I wouldn't go that far but I think we should go home now. I'm hungry & dirty with blood on my hands, literally," I placed my hand on his leg.

"Your wish is my command," he settled back into his seat & started the car to head for home.

                      By the time we reached home, it felt like I hadn't been here in ages. It's amazing how when you run on adrenaline the time just slows to the point of stopping. He got out of the car & came around to open my door. I was way too tired to even try to get out by myself. He offered his hand & I accepted, pulling myself up & out. He rested his hand on the small of my back as we walked into the house. Pauline, Bonnie & the others were here as well, which struck me as odd, seeing as Pauline hated vampires.

Rebekah ran to me at sped that I forgot she had until I was wrapped in her arms, "I'm so glad you're ok. I owe you so much."

I hugged her in return, "I'm sure you would've done the same if put into my shoes."

"Yes I must say you definitely proved you're not to be taken lightly, especially if you have a warlock at your disposal love," Nik smiled at me.

"What can I say, sometimes you have to look at things through fresh eyes," I replied, letting Rebekah go.