You Crazed Bridezilla

*Elijah's POV*

                 I had a pretty easy day. The gallery had sold a fair few artworks & I would indeed have to see Niklaus to get some extra works from him. I knew Finlay would throw herself into her works as to make the time go quicker. She's so excited about the wedding & I admit so am I. I've never really been excited about anything before; well not until I met my soul mate, the love of my life, my beloved. I couldn't believe that over a thousand years, I was finally going to get married & settle down for eternity with my one true love. A smile grew upon my face as I thought about never having to grow old with her, just going forward for once. There would be no more running, no more hiding from the monsters that we once called our parents. We all could finally live in peace, well as much peace as we could until Niklaus got bored. We could each live our own lives in how we see fit. We need not live in each other's pockets any longer. I had dreamt of this for over a millennium; to be able to settle down with the woman that I love & never have to look over my shoulders ever again.

                   I heard her car pull into the driveway & stop next to where I had parked mine. I must have been pondering most of the afternoon. That was something that I had never really done before. Maybe that was something I could do more often. I guess I had lived a certain way for so long that I always busied myself with business or family or whatever would keep me moving, all because if we stopped, we would be caught.

"Musing about things amazing, darling?" she put her bag down & dropped the keys in the bowl beside the door.

"Amazing, wonderful, beautiful & perfect things my beloved," I closed the gap between us.

"Ok, who is she?" Finlay played hurt but her eyes gave her away.

"She's this gorgeous blonde about your height & now that I see your weight. She's sweet, loyal & everything that I've ever wanted in a mate," I held her around the waist.

"She sounds too good to be true, how could I possibly compete against that?" she peered up at me, playfulness written across her face.

"She deserves so much better than I. How can I prove to her that I am worthy of her time, her heart, her love," I lent in closer to her soft supple lips.

"I'm positive that she is the one who feels as she doesn't deserve you. I'm certain that you have proved all of that to her & more. She is the luckiest woman in the world if you ask me. She would be a fool if she ever let you go," she tiptoed to connect with my lips.

                     I pulled her in tighter; the kiss deepened between us & then pulled her up. She threw her legs around my waist, our lips were now joined as if they were one & breathing was not needed. I began to take us toward the bedroom when there was a knock on the front door.

                    Our lips unlocked & we just looked at each other, disappointment radiating off the both of us. I slowly put her on her feet, straightened up my suit & opened the door.

"I can't do this anymore. He is driving me absolutely bonkers. How the hell do you put up with him?" Rebekah just about barreled her way into the house.

"Please, come on in sister dearest," I rolled my eyes as it seems my youngest sister has an issue.

"Thank you," she paced back & forth through the lounge room.

"Bekah, honey, how about you take a seat & start from the beginning," Finlay rubbed my arm as she walked toward her.

Rebekah stared at Finlay like she had grown another head, "Have you not been listening to anything I've said?"