We Reenacted The First Book

*Finlay's POV*

                    Now knowing Freya had been spelled, much like I had, but it was different. I remember everything, I just had no real control – well occasionally I had control. Unfortunately she lost a week of her life unable to say where she was, what she said or did. She was extremely apologetic mainly to myself. The problem now laid was who the witch was playing with dark magic. It couldn't be Esther, Clark & I had made sure of that. There were only three other witches that I knew of – Clark, Pauline & Bonnie. Clark is one of my best friends & he has only just gotten the hang of his magic, so I don't think – well I hope it's not him. There's Bonnie but she just doesn't seem the type & besides that she helped us, so why would she turn just as quick, unless it's to take the focus away from her. Lastly, Pauline & I don't know her well enough; she has always seen vampires as the enemy, even though she too helped us. I don't know anymore.

"Penny for your thoughts my love," a voice asked, making me jump from the suddenness.

"It's all good. I guess the wedding is occupying my mind & the sudden move into our new home is taking a bit to get used to," I lied.

I felt his breath on my skin at the back of my neck & his lips against my ear, "That was very good that I almost believed you but now can you tell me what's really the matter."

I should've known better than to try lying to him, "I hate that you can read me so much better now. I'm worried for Freya. I'm worried that there's a rogue witch running around spelling other witches with dark magic."

His arms went around my waist & his head rested lightly on my shoulder, "I know, I too am worried but I'm more concerned about you & your welfare, hence why we moved so quickly. I haven't lived & waited this long for my soul mate to finally appear to have her taken from me before our wedding day."

"I'm not going anywhere Lijah. I'm afraid for any & all of your family actually. Think about it, if this witch can spell another witch without her knowing, what chance does anyone have?" I turned to look up at him.

"I have promised too many times that I'd protect you but yet something always happens
& you get hurt," he wouldn't look me in the eyes but I knew everything that had happened to me was playing like a movie in his head.

"I'm still here though, aren't I?" I smiled.

His brown eyes finally found mine & they told me that he was more afraid than the day we battled with his parents, "Yes but you're not alive, you're cursed, just like the rest of us. The worse part about it is you may be immortal but you are still destructible & can be killed. I would then lose you forever, a forever that I'm not willing to go on with on my own."

                           This broke my heart. At least when I died the first time, I came back to him. I knew that if I died this time, there was no coming back – ever.

He sensed the tension coming off me, "So, how was class?"

"It was good. I just can't believe that's it's my final year. So did you boys find a suit?" I tried to make the conversation less depressing & more like a normal couples.

"Yes, we are all set in that department & as far as I know everyone has done their bit, well except for Freya but I would amuse that Rebekah will help her out. I never really got to ask yesterday but did you ladies get the dresses you wanted?" he continued to hold me around the waist.

"Yes, I found the most perfect dress, even though I must say I almost told Rebekah no on the colour of the dresses," I remember the horror when she told me what colour she had chosen for them.