I'll Pretend That It's A Juice Box

*Finlay's POV*

                          I couldn't sleep & I didn't want to wake Elijah, so I quietly got out of bed to hunt down something to eat. I came into the kitchen & opened the fridge. I heard both Kol & Rebekah come through the back door.

"I'm hungry," I growled not finding anything I wanted in there.

"Fin, honey. You're not going to find what you need in there. Come over here," Rebekah told me as I wandered over to her, "this is what you want."

"Cool idea," I wondered where they kept their stash.

"What's wrong?" Rebekah questioned, she hated not being able to read my mind anymore.

"I don't know, I guess having a liquid diet wasn't really how I saw my future. I suppose I'll pretend that it's a juice box," I tore the top open.

"Well I guess if it makes it easier to see it like that, do it. I'm going to bed so I'll see you both later in the morning," she spoke & left the room

"Night Bekah," I opened up the next baggy.

"Night sister dearest," Kol joined me.

                             I got rid of the empty pouches & positioned myself against the bench, eyeing the newly friended Mikaelson brother.

"So what's on your mind?" he spoke.

"Why would you think there was something on my mind?" I wondered what he could read from me.

"There would have to be something sweetheart. You've just had a life altering change happen. I'd be surprised if there wasn't," he grinned & his mind told me secrets he didn't want me to know.

Dear lord, another Mikaelson brother to contend with, "oh goody, another one."

"What are you talking about?" he questioned me.

"Never mind, tell me about yourself Kol. I know all about Nik, Bekah & Elijah. All I know about you is that you're the youngest bratty Mikaelson that has to be daggered every now & then because you're not much of a team player but more of a rule breaker," I told him grabbing another juice pouch for myself.

"That's what my siblings told you about me. Typical. Well darling, I like to live on the edge, so to speak. I enjoy my meals to still have a heartbeat while I'm eating. I don't think you'll get to experience that with my siblings around," he sat down at the table.

I had wanted to ask Elijah but Kol would have to do for the moment, "what's it like? Does it hurt them when you do it? Do you kill them?"

"The taste is different to what you're sucking down now. It's warm & smoother. I guess when you pierce the skin that would hurt but not sure about the rest. I have killed before, but these days I drink & compel. Less mess to clean up," he smirked.

"Since I'm a vampire now I'd like to experience the way it should be," I tossed the rubbish in the bin, "maybe you could take me out & show me."

He appeared stunned, "I don't think Elijah would like that very much."

"He'll be fine with it after I tell him why I've done it," I would do first & explain later.

"You're not going to tell him until after you've done it, are you?" he was worried about getting into trouble with the others but happy because I would be a drinking buddy.

"You catch on quick there sunshine. Now let's go before anyone else wakes up & I'd like to be back before anyone notices we've gone," he still wasn't sold on the idea, "look at it as our little bonding moment Kol. I want to get to know you all separately."