Wow, Elijah's Engaged?

*Rebekah's POV*

                        Today has just been one of those days. I walked past Fin's room & remembered her bed being covered in blood, whose blood; we had no idea. I went into get new sheets & a duvet cover for her. I was sure the last thing she wanted to do was change those sheets. I striped the bed in full – duvet, pillowcases, everything. I started to put the fitted black satin sheet on when Nik stood at the doorway.

"Can I help you with something Niklaus?" I continued my task.

"Aren't you just a good girl doing this for your bestie," he sniggered.

"Well since this is mostly your fault, how about you give me a hand?" I said, throwing a pillowcase at him.

"Since you asked me so nicely," he threw it back.

"I bet you'd do it because it's for Finlay," I teased, knowing I'd get a rise out of him & I was right.

"Seriously Rebekah. I'm over her. She's Elijah's fiancée & I don't intend to destroy that," he appeared cranky & I knew his words were to mask his real feelings for her.

"Calm Nik, I'm just mocking you. Now can you please fix that side for me?" I asked.

                            He did as I requested for a change. Just as we were finishing up, the door was pushed open & Finlay walked in.

"We thought we'd clean this up for you," I said whilst collecting the pillows from the settee & putting them back.

"I could've done that but thank you," she seemed thankful for our help, "which reminds me, I want to burn this robe. Do we have something I can do that in?"

"I'll collect it with the bedding & I'll organize it," Nik said as he picked the bedding off the ground.

                           Finlay went to the bathroom & shut the door. She then opened it slightly to hand over the now ruined robe.

"I'll go dispose of this lot," Nik nodded & disappeared from the room.

I took one last look at the bed & left for my room. I wondered what Clark was doing.

'Hey baby, what are you up to?'

I waited a little but before he replied.

'Nothing. I'm so bored. What are you doing?'

'There was a little bit of family business drama
earlier but it's hopefully all taken care of now. Do
you want to come over or would you like to go out?'

'I think I might just hang here. I've got some studying
to do but we could hang out tomorrow if you like.
BTW how's Fin doing?'

'She's getting there. I'm not really going to discuss it
via a message. I'll fill you in later. I think you're going to
have to either start wearing vervain or drinking it.
Long story but as I said I'll fill you in.
I'll talk with you tomorrow.'

'Sounds like the kind of family business that I'm
glad I don't have. How exactly do you wear vervain?'

'I'll get Freya to do a bracelet for you & I'll give it
to you tomorrow. I'll explain why tomorrow. At the
moment just promise me you'll be safe.'

'I promise you now that I'm freaking out, I'm not
going to leave my room until the morning. Now
stop worrying about me, I'll be fine.
Love you Bekah xxx'