It Saves On Christmas Cards

*Finlay's POV*

                    I stood next to Elijah when there was a knock at the door. Nik went to answer it. Seconds later, a woman walked in with Nik in tow.

"Are you ready?" the woman spoke & I dare say she was being cautious.

"I guess so but I want to introduce you to my girlfriend. Rebekah this is my mum Pauline, mum this is Rebekah," Clark introduced to what I knew now as his mother.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Mrs Price," Rebekah extended her hand.

"I can't say the same but as long as you keep my son safe I'll be happy, vampire," geez, this woman had a death wish.

"Wait, what? How did you know that she was a vampire?" Clark seemed taken aback as he took to Rebekah's side.

"There's a lot you don't know Clark & I was hoping that you would never have to find out. I wish I had told you years ago that the world is full than more than just humans. I will educate you more when we get home," I wondered if she was a people person?

Freya went over to Pauline, "I wish I could have kept you & Bonnie out of this but I really need your help. If possible I will try keeping Clark out of this if I can."

Clark looked as confused as I was, "what am I missing? Keeping me out of what?"

"As I said I will explain everything when we get home. I'm not getting into it here Clark," her eyes shot daggers at her son.

"Why, it seems everyone knows what's going on except for me, so please enlighten me or I just might not come with you," Clark was frustrated & I could understand why.

"Clark Ethan Price, you get your arse in that car right now," Pauline seemed to have grown bigger.

"Clark you need to be respectful of your mother," Elijah spoke.

"I don't need your help either noble vampire. Clark I'm not going to ask again," the woman had made it closer to the front door without really moving.

"Clark just go with your mum & she will explain it all to you," Freya stood before Clark.

"Fine but being treated like a child is not what helps the situation," Clark kissed Rebekah, ignoring his mother as he headed outside.

"I will contact you when Bonnie arrives & we can start planning the take down," Pauline said & left the house.

Nik went & closed the door, "she's a pleasant woman, don't you think?"

"How could that possibly be related to Clark?" Kol smirked & headed to the kitchen.

"That's Clark's mother you are referring to. Yes I admit she doesn't seem like the kind of person that just welcomes you with open arms but she is still his mother," Rebekah defended the woman that was quite rude to her.

"There may be a reason behind her negativity toward us, well more you guys than I. She's a witch – a Bennett witch," Freya told us.

"So Bonnie did know someone else around here?" Nik poured himself a bourbon.

"Yes, her cousin Pauline, whom you've now met but it seems you already knew of her Nik," Freya looked at her younger brother.

"Briefly but never face to face, mainly through Katherine. It seems that you got lucky to get not just one Bennett witch, but two of them," Nik replied.

"Three actually," Freya looked around toward Rebekah.

"Three? Who's the third one?" Rebekah chimed in as Freya glanced at her, "Clark's a witch? But he never mentioned that to me."