She Isn't The Only Problem You Have

*Niklaus' POV*

                       I watched as Elijah took Finlay inside & it took every ounce of self control not to go in, grab Kol & dagger him again. I couldn't say I was overly happy with Finlay either.

"I think I might go for a walk," I called out; at least someone would've heard that.

                       I plugged my headphones in to my phone & pressed play to whatever music I had on there. I started to run. I never run unless I'm trying to keep my temper under control. I find it therapeutic. I would just run until I felt more like myself & less like a hybrid killing machine. I ran for what seemed hours before I could turn around & head back home. As I headed up the driveway I noticed Elijah's car gone & wondered if he had taken Finlay out for the day. I unlocked the door but as soon as I did, something felt off. I had felt this before but couldn't put my finger on it. I shook it off as tension from earlier. Rebekah, Freya & Kol were sitting in the dining room talking about whatever they were talking about.

"Did Elijah & Finlay head out?" I asked grabbing a blood bag out.

"No, I think they had a fight & Elijah was tearing up his room but then he left without a word," Freya told me.

"A fight? Why were they fighting?" this was odd, especially from those two.

"I couldn't really hear that much but I think she may have called off the engagement because I found this just inside his room," Freya held out the ring Elijah had proposed to her with.

So much for my calm morning jog, "ok then. Where's your toy Rebekah?"

"Clark went home. We both thought it best & safest for him," she sipped on her coffee.

The off feeling I had seemed to linger no matter how much I tried to push it away, "does something feel wrong to anyone else but me?"

"If you're referring to the sense of magic hanging around, yes I feel it too," Freya looked at me.

"Your magic perhaps, like remnants of when you did Fin's ring?" I never thought about that before.

"No it's not, but I did wonder that myself. It's a different kind of magic. It's dark," Freya appeared worried now that it registered with her.

"Kol?" I turned to my youngest sibling.

"Don't look at me. After Davina bought me back, the ancestors stripped me of all magic that I had left," he put his hands up in defence.

                               I leant against the bench & pulled out my phone to call Elijah to see where he had disappeared to but it just went to voice mail. That was strange unless he was on the phone. I'd try again in a few minutes.

"I think I'll go check what damage has been done. I guess I need to know how bad this really is," I wanted to see which Elijah I was going to be dealing with.

"I'll join you," Freya told me walking up beside me.

                              The moment we hit the top stair, Freya stumbled back. I clutched at her arm before she fell backwards down the stairs.

"The magic is strong up here," Freya shook her head, seemingly trying to get her balance back.

                              We made it into his room & surveyed the damage. This was a bad thing. I had never seen this since Tatia's death. He had locked himself away in his room for weeks but he had never just up & left. Most of his items were strewn all over his room. Yes, the room that what normally in immaculate condition looked as if a tornado had gone through. We didn't get to do too much more before a deafening bloody curdling scream came from Finlay's bedroom. I turned to Freya & we raced to her door. Kol & Rebekah met us there. Freya already had her hand on the handle & that's when we realised that her door was locked. I told them to move back as I ran at it but I was thrown back against the opposite wall by a power I wasn't expecting.