I Was Making Margaritas

*Finlay's POV*

                     We all sat around lounging next to the pool, drinking, chatting & being normal for a change. I noticed that the margarita jugs were getting low, so I took it upon myself to do the next round.

"Just going in to fill the jugs up," I told Elijah as I got up from the lounge chair & kissed the top of his head.

"Ok my love. Do you want a hand?" he asked about to get up himself.

"No, I'm all good. Enjoy the company," I smiled as I picked up the three jugs that sat on the nearby outdoor table.

As I walked toward the back door Kol called out, "you going to set up the camera for the big love scene tonight sweetheart."

I guess impaling him earlier with a chopstick didn't do much to stop with the teasing, "yes actually. But first I will make up these margaritas then I will make sure the lighting is perfect for a very intimate but loud sex session."

"Kol would you please stop stirring Fin up," Rebekah smiled at me.

"It's ok Bekah. Kol's just super jealous because he misses out on the fun," with that I went into the kitchen.

                        Whilst I was preparing another gigantic batch of alcohol fuelled drinks, Damon had made his way back into the house.

"Anything wrong Damon?" I asked as I stirred up all the ingredients.

"No. I have to say you are an extremely impressive woman," he leant against the bench with his arms crossed.

I raised my eyebrows at him, "how so?"

"Where would you like me to start? First off, you live with 5 Mikaelson's, 4 of them being original vampires. You're engaged to be married to 1 of them. You've broken one of their necks & stabbed the same one with a chopstick. You've ripped out the hearts of daddy & mummy Mikaelson. Lastly, you are still here to tell the tale. As I said, I'm impressed," he told me.

"I do what I have to do," I laugh.

"You do know that you frighten my brother & Enzo thinks you're just amazing. Do you know what you're in for marrying into this family?" he suddenly showed concern.

I stopped my task & turned to look at him, "you've probably known the Mikaelson's longer than I have. What do you really think of them?"

"I guess I should watch what I say as I'm happy with an unbroken neck right now. I can't say much about Freya, as I've never met her before but for the other 4; all I can say is wherever they go, trouble is never far behind. You seem like a really smart woman & it doesn't make sense," he responded.

"I could bet that you could tell me stories about all the horrible things they have done in the past because no doubt there are plenty of those but have you or Stefan or Enzo ever gotten to really know them individually?" I was curious to what he would say about that.

"Enzo's never met them before so that just leaves Stefan & I. I can't say either of us have honestly, but every time we've all gotten together, it never ends well," he answered.

"Ok let's take today for instance, did any of them try to hurt or kill you? I'm not talking about Mikael or Esther either," I stood, just watching his reaction to my question.

"Well no but..." he began but I put a stop right there.

"Exactly Damon, if you all just got to know the real Mikaelson's you would see them in a different light. I know for a fact that both you boys have been intimate with Rebekah at different stages of your lives but you don't know the real her. She's sweet, loyal, trustworthy & she will protect the ones she loves with her own life. Elijah is a gentleman, a hopeless romantic, noble, loyal, honest, trustworthy & again he will protect his loved ones. Nik is misunderstood most of the time & yes it's his own fault when things don't go his way but he is loyal to his inner circle, he does have trust issues, but hey if you knew the reason behind them you would understand why & he too will give his life for his family. Nik's love of his life was my grandmother & just before she died I saw the love & compassion that Nik hides from the rest of the world. He loved her with all that he held & when she died, something inside him died too. Then lastly is Kol, he is a self-centred pain in my arse but he is loyal nevertheless, he does care but will deny it & he is the same as the others, he will protect with his life. Kol & I have a surprisingly close, almost sibling bond that we will have a banter between each other, as you witnessed twice today but at the end of the day we love each other just I love each one of them," I finished my long winded speech to him.