Epilogue

*Aaron's POV*

                          The birds were singing outside my bedroom window. It was going to be a nice day. We're going to visit mommy today. I wrote her a special letter last night that I would leave for her to read later on. I could smell the scent of bacon & pancakes, so I have come to learn that when dad wants to reminisce, this is what he cooks. I threw my legs over the side of the bed & bounded off to the bathroom. Several minutes later, an empty bladder & a deep hunger growing, I headed out to the dining table where an array of foods lined the table. There was more than dad & I could eat.

"There certainly is a lot of food dad," I opened the fridge door to retrieve the orange juice.

"Good morning Aaron. Did you sleep well my son?" a smile turned to face me, taking the juice jug & placing it on the kitchen counter.

"Yes I did thank you. Are you cooking for an army?" I asked as I climbed on to a dining chair.

A chuckle left my father's lips, "I guess you could call our family as such. Your uncles & aunts are joining us for breakfast."

"Is this the annual event for our family?" I questioned, seeming to remember last year.

"Yes. We having been doing this every year since your mother was taken from us," his voice broke & I instantly regretted saying anything.

I watched as he put his hands on the bench & his head tilted down, "Sorry dad, I didn't mean to make you cry."

He turned his head & a sad smile showed, "It's hard every year but I'm learning to remember all the good times & the amazing things your mother did that made our lives perfect. For one she gave me you."

He walked over, ruffling up my hair & knelt in front of me, "Everyday I thank my lucky stars that every time I look at you, I see her staring back at me."

I wanted to ask him again what she was like but we were interrupted by the door bell, "I'll answer it."

"Good man," he said & resumed back at cooking the feast.

I raced over to the door, yanking it open, "Hey Uncle Nik, hi Aunt Freya."

"You seem to grow every time I see you. What are you now 18 -19?" my uncle messed up my hair & came inside.

"I'm 7 Uncle Nik," I looked behind my Aunt, "Where's Uncle Kol?"

"He will be here shortly," My uncle walked through to where my father was.

I realised that Aunt Freya hadn't come in but stood at the door just staring at me, "You ok Aunt Freya?"

She took a deep breath in & her eyes sparkled, "Everyday you are looking more & more like your mother."

"So everyone keeps telling me," I think that's what upsets me the most, "I want to turn back time so I can at least meet the woman who everybody calls my mother."

"You have no idea how much we all wish that. No child should grow up without their mother but I'll let you in on a secret, I grew up without my real mother. I never knew that until later in my life but at least I can assure you that you will not be without love & security around you," a tear escaped from her eye & she quickly wiped it away.

                               We heard a car pull up. Aunt Bekah & Uncle Clark got out of their car, walking toward the two of us. Another car soon parked behind theirs. It was Uncle Kol, running late as usual.

"Well aren't you just growing up to be the most handsome young man?" Aunt Bekah smiled when she reached the two of us.

"Hey champ," Uncle Clark patted my shoulder as he took aunt Bekah's hand in his & walked inside.