Till Death Do Us Part

*Third Person POV*

Freya sat back against Finlay's car's front seat, "Well you were right, it does change a lot but how on Earth did you know?"

"You'll find out in the end. All you have to do is promise me on your family's honour that you will not breathe a word of what I have just spoken to anyone, especially your siblings," Finlay's eyes watered up but she quickly pushed it aside.

"I promise you," was all the Freya said, her eyes also welling.

                    The two soon to be sister in laws got into their own cars & drove in the direction of their own homes.

                     Once Freya returned home, she glanced in the rear view mirror to check how she looked. Her eyes were puffy & red; this wouldn't pass for a drive around town. She chanted a silent spell & her eyes went back to normal. She stared long & hard into the mirror, wishing that she had what she really wished for but instead she plastered a fake smile & took a deep breath.

She was almost barrelled over by Rebekah when she entered the house, "Where have you been? I've been calling your phone for the past hour. I need to make sure everything has been set & finalised before Elijah & Finlay's big day."

"Whoa there Beks, everything has fallen into place & will be perfect on the day," Freya almost chocked on her words.

Rebekah took a step back, "Good. I know it will be a day that no one will forget in a hurry."

                         Freya just smiled crookedly & went upstairs to her room, not saying a word as she left, but felt Rebekah's eyes boring a hole though her. Niklaus had overheard the conversation between his sisters & knew Freya was hiding something, but Rebekah was just not Rebekah & hadn't been for a while now. He watched as Rebekah looked around to see if anyone else was there before dashing out the door, closing it silently.

"What the hell is she up to?" he asked more to himself than anybody, but there was no answer to his question.

                         He turned to face the direction his eldest sister had gone & stopped in front of her door.

He could hear her quiet sobs & that's when he became worried, opening up her door without so much as knocking, "Freya, what's wrong?"

She was startled by his forced entry, "Nothing Nik. I'm just having a bad day, that is all."

"Even though we haven't been known siblings as long as my other ones, I know you are lying. Freya if there's something I should know, please tell me," he all but begged her, a side he rarely showed & she knew it.

"Please Nik, there is really nothing wrong. Honestly all the running around & getting a wedding prepared in such a short space of time has exhausted me. I'm not a vampire remember; I'm a witch, a human. I haven't got the stamina like you all have. Having to spell myself constantly against another witch as so I don't get kidnapped again, so to speak, is very draining for a witch, even one like myself," Freya almost sighed the last lot of words.

Niklaus still didn't believe the words but she could be telling the truth for everything that spilt from her mouth was the truth, "Fine, but you would tell me right?"

Freya glanced wearily at her worried brother, "Of course."

                           He gave up & left the room, defeat heavily upon his shoulders. Since when was he one for not getting the truth from someone? He had gone soft the past couple of years & he knew the reasoning behind it. Two women had broken down those walls he had spent building all those years.