The Irony Of Two Vampires Getting Married

*Elijah's POV*

                   I watched my beloved drive out with my youngest brother beside her. Niklaus joined me by the front door.

"Would you care to explain what is going on with this family at the moment?" I kept my eyes straight ahead until I couldn't see the car any longer.

"Sorry brother but it took the best of me in telling Fin. I'm sure as soon as they return she will tell you what you wish to know. Besides I think it's safer coming from her mouth," he responded, patting me on the back & disappearing back inside.

                     Why did that statement bother me so much? I thought it would be the best time to catch up on some much needed paperwork from the gallery. I knew I could get someone else to do it for us but it gave me something to occupy my mind even though the necessity to know what at least three quarters of people in this house knew what happened. I set up the books & receipts on the desk in the library & got to work.

**********************

                       After at least an hour & a half, I heard Finlay's voice coming in through the front door.

"Thanks for your understanding Fin," I heard Kol say to her.

"You're welcome. Now I need to find my future husband," her voice chimed, as her words put a smile on my face.

                       I kept going with the paperwork until I heard her feet stop just beside me & she placed herself on my lap, her arms draping around my neck. I rested my hands around her waist.

"What are you doing?" she questioned, kissing my cheek.

"Keeping myself busy until you got back," I told her.

"Do you ever stop or are you going to be like this up until we say I do?" she smirked at me.

"It's a possibility you know. Now are you going to tell me what has been driving me crazy for the past couple of hours?" I asked her.

"I promised you I would & I will. Are you really sure you want to know?" she spoke, getting off my lap.

"Why is the first thing I want to say is no?" I frowned.

She sat on the window sill & peered out the window, "Because maybe after I tell you, you'll wish I hadn't."

"That makes me feel so much better my love," I sat back in the office chair, pressing my fingertips together.

                           She took a deep breath & began on what was going to be something that I had been dreading since the Niklaus incident. She started when she went back to get her phone earlier today & told me everything that Kol said to her, then she proceeded to tell me what Niklaus had told her of what had happened after I left the club early this morning & lastly about what was discussed by the two of them just before. I had to admit I wasn't surprised by this news.

"So do I need to have words with my little brother?" I tapped my fingers on the arms of the chair.

"No I'm sure I cleared it all up. I'm surprised by your reaction Lijah, you've taken it well," she pushed herself off the sill & back over to me.

"I guess a long history of us brothers & the females that have passed through our lives. I was just the lucky one who is going to marry his one true love. Perhaps now is also the time for us to be acquiring our own abode," I told her.