Chapter 8

The stupid alarm clock was bleeping, challenging me to break it. But, I didn't. Instead, I slowly opened my eyelids and looked outside the window. It was a sunny and warm day. The perfect day for a football match.

I took a quick shower and as soon as I got out of the bathroom, I started to look at my clothes

I took a quick shower and as soon as I got out of the bathroom, I started to look at my clothes. What would best fit at a football match? Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, I picked my outfit. I did my makeup and at the last minute I decided to do my hair in a bun. But, I wasn't good at making buns, so I called my Granny for help.

"Good morning, honey. Look at you! You look gorgeous!"

"Thank you, Granny. Could you please twist my hair in a bun?"

"Of course!" After a couple of minutes my hair was ready.

"Thank you!"

"You look like your mother."

"I don't think so. She was much more beautiful than I am."

"Every woman is beautiful. Do not ever forget that. Besides, you've got red hair, like every woman in our family's history. You're rare. And rareness is the most beautiful thing."

"Thank you, Granny." I said in difficulty of holding a tear which was threatening to escape.

"Ok, what to do you want for breakfast? Pancakes or chocolate cupcakes?" she asked me changing the subject.

"Neither."

"What? Did I hear you don't want to eat neither pancakes nor cakes? What happened to you?" She said in a playful tone.

"Nothing. I just decided it was time to stop eating so much chocolate, if I don't want to look like a balloon." I replied walking downstairs.

"And what will you eat then?"

"Cereal."

"Well, that's a change!" We laughed.

After eating my cereals, I took my regular 'walk' to school. Everybody was there. Nobody would miss the first football game of the season. Some they were already drank, some others wearing T-shirts of the football team and of course those who stood out were the cheerleaders with the super miniskirts. I like miniskirts, but not that short!

Among the crowd, I recognized Elena talking to Stefan. He looked hot in his jersey! And Elena didn't wear the cheerleaders' uniform. That was really odd. She wouldn't be alive for any longer if Caroline found out about it. But, when Stefan left, Elena had to face her. I headed to where they were, but I got there only when Caroline had left. Too many people on my way.

"What's the matter with you?" I asked her as soon as I was in a distance she could hear me.

"Say 'good morning' first."

"Good morning. What's the matter with you? Why you are not wearing your uniform and how did you survive with that after a talk with Caroline?"

"Hold on, hold on! First good morning. Second I'm a quitter and third Caroline understood I didn't want to be part of the cheerleader team anymore. Any other questions?"