Chapter 34

Both Elena and I gasped shocked. For different reasons. I didn't know hers, but I clearly knew mine. Now I recognized who was in front of me. But, I really wasn't prepared for what was coming next.

"Hey. I'm Elijah." His familiar voice echoed. I dropped the bags I was holding from the shock. I couldn't move, I couldn't talk, I couldn't do anything. I had just frozen. Elena looked as shocked as I was.

"Elijah is in town doing a research on Mystic Falls." Jena said without of course suspecting anything.

"It's a pleasure." He said shaking hands with Elena, who tried to seem less terrified.

"Elijah could you please help Cassie carry some boxes from her car?"

"Yes, of course Jena." He said bending down to grab my fallen bags. I was still frozen by the shock.

"I assume you are Cassie."

"Yes, thank you." I said the words in difficulty, taking the bags from his hands.

"Follow me." I mumbled and turned around heading to my car.

I didn't pay attention whether he was following me or not. I was much too shocked. Once I was there, I opened the boot, put inside the bags Jena gave me and attempted to lift one of the boxes. It was indeed very heavy.

"Don't carry this on your own. Let me help you." He said taking the box from my hands.

For a moment our eyes locked. His chocolate brown eyes were so charming, I wished I could look at them forever... I don't know how I found the strength to break the gaze.

"Thank you." I muffled.

"Can you give me the other box?"

"But, it's too heavy, you can't carry them... both." I said making a pause at the last word. How stupid I was! He was a vampire. He had supernatural strength.

"I'll be fine."

"As you please." I stated in a neutral tone not wanting to give him the illusion he had influence on me. Which was partly true...

"Goodnight. I hope I see you sometime soon." He said, his vamping voice reaching my ears, pulling me out of my fictional world. I just nodded. I didn't risk uttering anything, as I wasn't sure about what I would say. He smiled warmly and turned his back to me. I got in the car and in a flash I was at my home.

"No, no, no. This can't be happening!" I was murmuring while going up and down.

"It can't be true!" I sighed sitting on my bed and putting my head into my palms.

"It's impossible!"

Tears had started streaming down on my face. The man I had dreamed of, the man that it was supposed to be the man of my life, the man that I thought to be just a lie, the man that made my heart beating faster every time I was thinking of him, actually existed. And it was not only that... He wanted to give my best friend to a psycho who wanted to sacrifice her in a creepy ritual. I lay back in my bed, not holding my tears anymore...

How could I ever live with that...

Author's Note: Ok, trust me I've been waiting for this more than you all did. They finally meet and the good part has just started!!!! This chapter is dedicated to Nicole596, anusharajasekar, niteangels666 and luciacutie for voting my story!!!! Thank you guys!!!! <3