Chapter 29

It was way hard for me to wake up tomorrow morning. I had fallen asleep, while I was crying and my eyes were tingling like hell. I didn't want to see anyone, I didn't want to talk to anyone... I just needed to be alone to think about my life.

I guess when you are involved with supernatural problems, you can't stay away from them for a long time. And that's something I realized it, when my phone rang. It was Caroline. I wanted to be alone, but I didn't want her to believe that I was avoiding her, after what happened to Mason. She had enough problems with Bonnie. Damon was the only one to be blamed. I replied the call with a sigh.

"Hey, Caroline, what's up?"

"We have a problem."

"Tell me something I don't know."

"Seriously, Cassie, we have a big problem."

"I'm listening." I said taking a sip of my tea.

"Katherine, after Mason's death, threatened to kill everyone at the masquerade ball tonight, if Stefan and Damon didn't hand her the moonstone. And I'm sorry for yesterday, Damon passed the limit. You shouldn't be in front of-"

"Caroline, I'm ok. You don't have to mention it all the time."

"You are right, sorry."

"So, what are we going to do about that bitch?"

"Stefan and Damon are planning to kill her."

"Really? I'm in."

"Yes, we need you. Could you come over at Stefan and Damon's house? Sorry for asking you this-"

"I'll be there." I said before hanging up.

A few minutes later, I was outside the Salvatore Boarding House. I took a deep sigh and I knocked the door. Caroline opened the door.

"Hey, I'm glad you are here."

"I told you I would be coming."

"So, what's the plan? What do you need me to do?" I said moving to the living room where I found Alaric showing some wooden weapons to Damon and Jeremy. Stefan was talking to Bonnie to persuade her to do a spell to trap Katherine.

"I see a lot of volunteers here." I said.

"Yeah, everyone has a reason to want that bitch dead." Caroline agreed.

"Hey, Cassie, I'm glad you are here."Stefan said approaching me.

"What do you want me to do?" I asked not paying attention to his words.

"Look, I'm sorry for last night, but please can you forget it all for just one night and cooperate with us?" He asked me.

"I won't forget, but I'll put it aside for tonight." I replied moving to where Alaric was showing the weapons.

"Nice toys!" I complimented, seeing the variety of weapons.

"Hey, beauty!" Damon greeted me smirking. I didn't even look at him.

"Come on, still mad at me?" He said with a fake expression of sadness touching my cheek.

I moved so fast that no one could stop me. And maybe no one expected me to do something like that. Seconds later, Damon was on the floor with a vervain stake an inch away from his heart. Everyone gasped.

"Try to touch me again and I won't miss again. Am I clear?" I hissed at Damon.

"Crystal clear." He replied in difficulty. Then, I grabbed the stake and pulled it out, leaving Damon still lying on the floor.