Chapter 10

It must have been late in the afternoon when I woke up. Sweaty and hardly breathing due to the unreasonable warmth in the room, I stood up in difficulty from my bed. I went to my bathroom and washed my face with cold water, in an attempt to get away from my sleepy mood.

When I reached the living room, Granny was there watching TV.

"Hey, honey! How was your sleep?"

"Good, I guess."

"Do you want me to make you something to eat?"

"No, Granny it's fine. I'll make a sandwich."

"Ok, but hurry up please, because we have go to the Founders' Council party in an hour."

"What?" I exclaimed.

"Why didn't you wake me up?"

"You had a good sleep honey, and I didn't want to spoil it. You may not come if you don't want to."

"No, of course I will." I replied while preparing my sandwich. I ate it quickly and then returned to my room to take a shower and prepare myself.

 I ate it quickly and then returned to my room to take a shower and prepare myself

After 45 minutes exactly I was ready. My Granny was already ready, waiting me downstairs.

"Well, well, well... You're such a beautiful young lady!"

"Thank you Granny!" I replied, hugging her.

"So, let's get going!" She exclaimed. Not to mention that we went to Lockwood mansion on foot. Those high-heels were killing me.

As soon as we arrived, it had already darkened.

"Granny, I will find somewhere to sit, my legs are killing me. Go and enjoy the exhibition."

"As you wish, honey."

She said kissing my forehead. I found a bench by the small river in the garden. It took me a while to take in the surroundings! Gosh! How rich this asshole could be? And by saying asshole I meant Tyler. I took off my shoes because I couldn't take it anymore. I didn't realize how much time I was sitting there, until somebody approached me.

"Who are you?" I asked him, as I noticed his smirk widen.

"Let me introduce myself. I'm Damon Salvatore."

"Salvatore?"

"I'm Stefan's brother, as I assume you have already noticed."

"Yes, I suspected that, although you are nothing like him. I mean your appearance is completely different."

I tried to 'save' it, although the main difference between them was their way of looking you. Stefan was looking you always with a kind and respectful way. Damon, on the other hand, was looking you like you were... a prize or better a meal.

"May I ask, what is a beautiful girl like you doing here all alone?"

"Just thinking and relaxing a bit. I suppose you have never worn high-heels to know."