Chapter 91

I was left alone, once again. Everyone had left early in the morning. I woke up early, so I could say goodbye. I didn't want them to leave. But, they had their affairs to deal with. So, here I was, sitting on my couch and watching a stupid reality show. I heard a soft knock on the door. I stood up slowly and walked to the door.

"Elijah!" I said surprised. He smiled.

"May I talk to you for a minute?"

"Of course." I said stepping out of the house. I caught Elijah looking at the house behind my back. "They are not here." I replied.

"Yes, I'm sorry."

"You said you wanted to talk to me..." I reminded him.

"Oh, yes." He said taking something out of his coat pocket. I took it. It was an envelope and wrote my name on it. Cassandra Gold. I opened it.

"Please join the Mikaelson family, this evening at seven o'clock for dancing, cocktails and celebration." I read out loud. "What's this?" I asked looking at Elijah.

"It's a ball." He replied shrugging.

"Like an actual ball?"

"Yes..." He said with a warm smile appearing on his face.

"And you want me to come?" I asked. Silly question...

"Well, I gave you the invitation, so..." I'm sure I was blushing like crazy... "I love it when you are blushing..." He said touching my cheek.

"Yes... Eh... I don't know..."

"You will come and I won't take 'no' for an answer."

"Fine..."

"Do you need anything? A dress maybe?"

"No, no. I have a dress." I rushed to say.

"How about your ride?"

"I'll deal with this..."

"So what's the problem?" He asked. I came a bit closer to him and gestured for him to duck.
"I don't know how to dance..." I whispered in his ear.

A laugh so genuine escaped his lips... I loved it. "Well, don't worry. I'll show you how..." He whispered in my ear, as a reply. His breath hit my neck and made my shiver. "I'll see you this evening." He said and disappeared, before I could even blink my eyes.

I sighed and got in my house again, closing the door behind me. Today was the day. Today was the day that Elijah and I would... I hid my face in my palms, already embarrassed. So, I had to get ready. Where was that black dress of my mother's? I wondered. Eventually, I found it, after a lot of digging. A sound was heard, signifying I had a text. It was from Elena.

'I'm at the Grill with Caroline. Can you meet us there?'

'Sure. I'll be there in ten.'

I found easily Caroline and Elena talking. "Hey. What's up?" I said sitting.

"I don't know. You tell us." Caroline said with a weird tone.

"Excuse me?" I said offended.

"I'm sorry." She apologized.

"Don't think about it. So what's the problem?"

"Well, since you and Elijah are buddies, we thought he would invite you to their ball." Caroline explained.

"Yes, he did. And by the way, I desperately need your help!!!" I begged her.