Chapter 71

"Matt, don't!" I yelled to Matt, but I was too late

"Matt, don't!" I yelled to Matt, but I was too late. He had already entered the class. In an instant, hundreds of mousetraps jumped in the air.

"Oh, come on! Seriously?" Caroline complained.

"I tried to stop him!!!" I said raising my hands in defence.

"Do you have any idea how long it took us to set this up?" Caroline continued like she hadn't heard me.

"Forgot about senior prank night, eh?" Tyler said.

"Clearly." Matt replied.

"How could you forget? We've been waiting for this since freshmen year!" Caroline continued shouting.

"Caroline." I said catching her attention. "Calm down, ok?" I said in a low voice. She shot daggers at me. Well, it was worth a try.

"Yeah, Matt. If I'm doing this you are doing this." Elena added.

"I'm kind of surprised any of you are doing this." Matt said.

"Caroline is making us." Bonnie interrupted. It was true. But, who doesn't need a few moments of normality?

"We are about to be seniors. These are the memories that will stay with us forever-"

"And if we don't create these memories now, then what's the point of them?" I finished Caroline's phrase.

"I have two more classrooms to prank." Tyler said leaving the classroom.

"I'm going with him." I said too following him.

"Cassie, I need you to glue as much lockers as you can." Tyler gave me orders.

"Be sure of that." I replied and headed to the end of the hallway.

It was an amazing night. A normal one. However, the following events proved me wrong. Again. I was happily gluing some lockers when everything started to fade. What the hell? I thought when the familiar image of the lockers was replaced by darkness. Not again. I was at the gym. And there were two classmates of mine whose names I couldn't recall. They seemed afraid. I couldn't help but wonder what made them so afraid. And then I spotted Stefan. I could recognize the look on his face. The ripper look. No!!!!!!!! I screamed the moment he attacked those kids. I heard somebody laugh behind me. I turned around having a feeling this wasn't good. And I was right. Horrified I faced a very amused Klaus standing next to...

"Elena!!!!!!" I screamed returning to reality. Without having second thoughts I run to the direction of the gym. I was so upset that I missed the right hallway. After a couple of tries, I was able to find the big doors of the gym.

"Cassie, get out!" Elena screamed. But, I didn't listen to her. My eyes were on the person I currently hated most.

"Klaus." It sounded more like a growl.