Chapter 12

3 Days Later

I was with Elena and Bonnie in the hallway talking

I was with Elena and Bonnie in the hallway talking. Elena had told me about the scars and bruises all over Caroline's body which were caused by surprise, surprise...Damon!!! Me on the other hand, I told her about the night Damon tried to... whatever he was trying to do anyway. At the end we all decided that Damon, was a person that 'Do not approach!!!' should be written on his forehead.

"The sexy carwash, is tomorrow. The football team and the band are committed. Well, not all the band. Just ones who can pull off a bikini. I want in your face sexy. I mean it's fundraising for God's sake."

"Gosh!" I said in frustration after hearing Caroline.

"Unbelievable! It's like nothing happened!" Elena followed me.

"She is in denial." Bonnie replied.

"I will agree with you at this point. If I didn't knew what happened I would say our sweet Caroline is trying to find a new victim aka her boyfriend."

"Hey." Stefan said behind me, which caused me to jump.

"Oh my God!" I said holding my chest where my heart was beating like crazy.

"Hey, I got to go." Bonnie said.

"Yeah me too. Bye Stefan!" I said following Bonnie. He just nodded, not even taking his eyes off Elena.

"I hope Elena and Stefan make up again! They are so good together." I said to Bonnie walking down the hallway, away from Elena and Stefan, giving them time to talk.

"Yes, you're right." Bonnie said with a smile.

"I always am!" I replied and we both broke into laughter.

Bonnie's P.O.V.

I was with Cassie wandering around the hallways and laughing. Cassie was the perfect person to cheer you up if you were in a bad mood. But, it was way too difficult to cheer her up, when she was in a bad mood. Sometimes this girl can behave as a five-year-old and sometimes be as mature as a grandma.

Still, laughing we passed by Tanner's class. She immediately stopped walking, as well as, laughing. Her eyes were frozen and her face was emotionless.

"Hey, Cassie, are you alright?" I said pushing her gently in her arm. No response, no reply. "Cassie???" I shook her a bit harder this time.

I understand she might have freaked out about Tanner's death, as we both predicted it somehow, although she was more upset than I was, even if she hated him. This time, she had unfrozen a little. "What were you saying?" she asked me back, looking like she had return from a different world.

"Are you ok?"

"Yes, I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" I asked her again.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure." I was about to ask her what happened, when a mobile ring prevented me.

It was Cassie's phone. She pulled it out of her bag and looked the message on the screen. After reading it, she gave the phone to me to read it too. It said 'Stefan said he wants to explain everything to me. We will meet at the Grill, at 4. He said that all these days he was dealing with Damon, who btw left the town and he's not coming back, according to Stefan. I'll talk to you later.

"Damon left town?" I asked Cassie confused.

"It would be even better to leave the planet as well. For humanity's sake." Cassie commented in a sarcastic tone.

We both laughed again, and whatever had made Cassie upset, was long gone now. We were laughing as if it never happened.

Cassie's P.O.V.

I returned home after school. It was a strange day, as I hadn't had history the first period. I didn't know it was difficult to be in school without having somebody to swear. It sucked. After entering the house, which was empty by the way, my Granny had gone to make some cookies with her best friend, Bonnie's grandmother.

I decided to spend my evening peacefully watching a movie, after finishing my homework. Instead of picking a comedy as usual, I picked a romantic movie. Titanic more specifically. Although I have already seen it once or twice – and by the way I hated the scene when Jack dies – I decided it was no harm to give it a go.

About an hour later, I felt like drinking something. So, I opened the fridge door to find some orange juice, my favourite. Luckily, we had some left. As soon as I poured some in a glass, my Granny stepped in.

"Hey Granny!" I greeted her cheerfully.

"Hi, honey. How are you?"

"Fin-"