Chapter 69

I spent the rest of the morning trying to tidy the house, after three months of my absence. I felt like my head was going to blow up. I shouldn't have drunk so much last night. It was really stupid of me. But, again how would somebody react if they saw a half-dead man's reflection on the mirror? Not to mention the vision about Andy's death. I can hardly remember my conversation with Damon last night. But, once I woke up this morning, I made sure to disappear as fast as I could. I didn't want to bump into an upset Damon. But, I would make sure to call him later and thank him for letting me stay over.

It turned out I didn't need to call him, as he called me first.

"Hey, Damon. What's the matter?" I said picking it up.

"Have you seen any vision about Elena lately?"

"No. What has she done again?"

"Well, let's just say that Stefan called her last night, although he didn't say anything and now Elena as the crazy girl she is, forced Ric to join her at a hiking trip at the Smoky Mountains in Tennessee, hunting down a pack of werewolves during a full moon, thinking Stefan will be there. And guess who will be with him there?"

"Klaus." I realized.

"Bingo."

"Oh God!" I sighed. Couldn't she just stay home? But, of course we are talking about Elena. And she really loves Stefan so I can't blame her for wanting him back. "Where are you now?" I asked him.

"I'm heading there. Ric, luckily for him, informed me about the situation. I'll keep you updated."

"Wait, Damon!" I said before he hung up. "Thanks for last night."

"No problem." He said hanging up.

"Bye!" I said to the dead line.

Perfect! Just perfect! What else is going to happen next? I thought. The answer to this question came shortly after. My phone rang again. I thought it was Damon, but to my surprise it was Tyler.

"Tyler?"

"Hi, Cassie. What's up?"

"Good, I guess. What about you?" I asked him back.

"I don't know. Have you seen or talked to Caroline today?"

"No. Why? What is happening?" I asked worried.

"I don't know. I haven't seen her since yesterday. Anyway, if you talk to her, just give me a call."

"Ok."

"Bye."

"Bye." I murmured.

Tyler's call put me into thoughts, that's why I decided to call Caroline to make sure she was all right. However, she didn't answer any of my calls, which is really strange considering Caroline had never missed a call in her life.

"Hey, Caroline, when you get this message please call me. I need to know you are all right. Not that I have seen anything. I'm just saying. Oh, call Tyler too. He wants to talk to you. Ok, that's it. Bye."

I waited and waited and waited. But, Caroline didn't call back. I had started to get really worried and this feeling of mine that something wrong was happening never left me. In the end, I decided to call Tyler to see what we could do.

"Hey, Cassie. Thank God! Did you hear from Caroline?" Tyler said answering the phone. He sounded relieved thinking I had talked to her. I hated to spoil this.

"Actually, no I haven't. And judging by your tone, you haven't either."

"No, I haven't. Where could she possibly be?"