Chapter 39

Cassie's P.O.V.

The next day was calm, as I hoped. At least the biggest part of it. I was trying to avoid thinking about what happened yesterday. I was trying to forget about Elijah. I was trying to forget my feelings for him. Currently, I was about to leave to go to the memorial for the lost ones. Who would imagine these six people were actually attacked and killed by vampires? Because every death the last few months is related to some blood seeking monster.

 Who would imagine these six people were actually attacked and killed by vampires? Because every death the last few months is related to some blood seeking monster

Locking the door I headed to the square on foot where the memorial would take place. I didn't know if Elijah would appear. I didn't want to see him. Especially, after what happened yesterday. I thought he was more than a blood sucker. Obviously I was wrong. Like a movie, the yesterday's events past through my mind.

Flashback

I closed the door behind me shocked and scared. I didn't know I would be so afraid. But facing a monster is much more frightening than I thought. Seeing his face, his eyes darkening, the veins under his eyes making their appearance, his fangs growing... It was horrifying.

I started crying. I couldn't hold my sobbing. It was too much for a teenager! Being a prophetess, seeing deaths and disasters, knowing that the world you live in is not the place you thought it was, knowing that a demon can attack you at any moment... All this pressure turned into tears at that moment.

It took me a while before I managed to contain myself and calm down. I needed to speak to my Granny immediately, but she would be definitely worried hearing me like that and I didn't want that. After reassuring that I wouldn't be heard like feeling awful, which was the reality, I called my Granny.

She picked it up immediately, as always.

"Hey, honey, how are you?"

"I'm fine." I lied. She probably didn't believe me, as she always had the ability to know when I told her lies. Haven't noticed or not she didn't say anything.

"You haven't called for a while. I was starting to get really worried."

"I know, I'm so sorry Granny. I had a lot of projects and homework to do. And then I was very tired."

"I understand honey. How are things there?" I decided to tell her the truth.

"Deaths. Vampire attacks. The usual."

"Honey, I'm really worried. Perhaps you should consider coming back."

"It would be wise to come back, but honestly, I can't. If anything would ever happen to me, I would know it right?"

"Yes, but I don't want you to get to that point."

"Yeah, about that, Granny there is something I want to ask you."

"Yes, honey, anything."

"You told me that a prophetess sees important events of her life. Like when she will die or when she will find her mate."