Chapter 50

"The curse of the prophetess? What's that again?" I asked him wide-eyed and more confused than ever.

"I don't understand why Christa didn't mention that to you. It's one of the most important things of being a prophetess."

"Will you just stop talking to yourself and give me some answers??? I'm starting to freak out, as you see."

"Maybe that's why she didn't tell you." I shot him an angry look. "Ok, I'll explain. Prophetesses were respected people in the antiquity. But later, some people thought they were messengers of the devil. That's why they tried to kill them."

"Something like the witch trials?"

"Yes, pretty much. There was a young girl, her name is unknown, who was killed because she warned some people. She had seen a vision about a distraction and wanted to help as many people as possible. More details are not mentioned. That time the church ruled the people and little is known about the fact that they slaughtered prophetesses along with witches. They learnt about that girl and burnt her at the stake. Her best friend, a witch, managed to survive. She wanted to avenge her best friend's death, so she put a curse on the prophetesses bloodline. Their killer would always suffer from visions of deaths. To make it clearer, they were cursed to see every death by torture that happened in the world. The torture for them was both physical and mental. They couldn't bear it, so eventually they killed themselves. Soon enough, the word was spread about it, so they stopped hunting down prophetesses. That curse passes from generation to generation. That's why our kind has survived for so long."

"Wow." It was the only thing I could mumble at that time.

"Speechless?" Alexander chuckled.

"What would you do if you were in my position?"

"I don't know... Maybe I would be speechless too."

"That's kind of cool. It would be a really useful threat. Especially, when you are facing you know what..."

"I do..." I laughed.

"You are the best encyclopedia ever." He followed me.

We were on our way back to the hotel, when everything went black. I immediately recognized the familiar surroundings. Images were taking the place of each other, creating a perfect horror story that could be also someone's worst nightmare. There was one thing I was sure about.

Everything was about to change...

Author's Note: So mystery solved.... The chapter was really small, so I thought I shouldn't keep you waiting.... Next chapters are going to blow your minds! Promise ;P