Chapter 28

The next day was dedicated to the decoration of the Lockwood Mansion, as the masquerade ball was tomorrow night. I was wondering how they could afford so many events. Seriously, it was worth considering it. Anyway, I was doing again my job hoping I wouldn't be involved again with vampire – werewolf fights. Transporting some stuff, I saw Bonnie.

"Bonnie, how are you doing? I haven't seen you in a while."

"I'm fine Cassie thank you."

"You don't seem fine to me. What's wrong?"

"I did something, but I don't know if it's bad."

"What did you do?"

"I handed Mason Lockwood to Damon. I don't think he has a good purpose."

"Where is he?" I asked her freaking out.

"To their house. But, why do you even care?" I didn't answer her as I started running, heading to the Salvatore's house.

Arriving there I could hear screams from the house. Mason's screams. He was torturing him. Damn it!

"What the hell are you doing?" I yelled at him getting into the house, reaching the living room. I was right. He was torturing him.

"Go away, little bitch!" He yelled back.

"Cassie..." I could barely hear Mason's voice.

"Leave him alone." I said glaring Damon.

"I don't think so." He said smirking grabbing and lifting me from my throat. I couldn't breathe.

"Leave her!" Mason yelled with as much strength as he had left.

"Why wolfboy? Why do you care?"

"It's not your business." He replied, causing Damon to make his grip tighter. I started coughing. I didn't have much time left, before I pass out.

"Oh, because if you care that gives me the opportunity to make a little harm not only to you, but also to her. I was looking forward to the day I would hear your scream." He said looking back at me.

I would reply back, but he was holding my throat so tightly, the only thing I could think about was the lack of oxygen.

"Leave her, I'm the one you want to hurt. What do you think Elena would think when she finds out you tortured her best friend?" Damon look at me, then Mason, and back at me.

"You are very lucky to survive." He hissed and let off my throat. I fell to the floor gasping for air with a feeling of relief as I felt the air back in my lungs.

"I won't kill you, because of Elena. But, that doesn't mean I won't torture you." He whispered in my ear.

"And psychological torture can't be compared with the physical one." I didn't understand what he meant, but I was sure it wasn't good.

He grabbed me and made me sit on an armchair that enabled me to see Mason.

"Mason..." I whispered seeing him. He was looking at me, with apologetic eyes.

"I'm sorry." He mouthed at me. I was too tired to move. That asshole...

"So we continue after the irritating break..." Damon said smirking. I didn't like that.

"What do you want the moonstone?"

"Screw you!" Mason replied back.

"Wrong answer."

"If he was going to say anything he would have already." Jeremy interrupted and I realized for the first time he had been there all this time.

"I'll take your eyes out in front of this beauty." He said pointing at me.

"The well. There you would find it."

"I know where it is. I want to know what it does, I want to know why."

"I got it for Katherine."

"Why?" Damon asked back.

"She is going to use it to lift the curse."

"Of the moon? Why would a vampire help a werewolf to break the curse that keeps him from turning whenever he wants?"

"So, I wouldn't have to turn anymore."

"Why?"

"Because she loves me!" I was astonished by his reply.

"In the end, you are an idiot too. Katherine never loves anyone but herself. She is a stupid selfish bitch that wants to torture the others, in order to have fun." I said after hearing Mason's words.

"I'll agree with the beauty over there." Damon said laughing.

"Katherine doesn't love you, she uses you, idiot."

"I'm not talking." Mason said.

"Yes, you are." I didn't like Damon's face.

"It's time to go for a walk Jeremy."

"No, I'm staying."

"No, you should go."

"No, I'm staying. You've done enough."

"Help Tyler." Mason begged Jeremy.

"Don't let this happen to him."

"Damon..." Jeremy said, but before he managed to finish his sentence his was pinned to a couch by Damon.

"Did you want to be part of this? Here it is; kill or be killed. The guy is a werewolf. He would kill me the first chance he got. So you shut it up or leave."

"Besides, he wants me to kill him anyway. Don't you Mason? It's really a curse, isn't it?" No reply by Mason. That time Jeremy decided to leave.

"Leave her." Mason hissed at him.

"Oh, just as I said, it won't be so easy for her. You know when I look at you I see myself."

"I love her."

"Oh, I know. I've been where you are. But, Katherine would just rip your heart out. Let me do it for her."

It was too late when I realized what he was about to do. He had already ripped Mason's heart out.

"NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I screamed.

Tears fell down from my cheeks as I was watching Mason's eyes turn lifeless. No, no, no! I was thinking again and again.

I didn't know how long I was crying, when Stefan came in realizing what had happened.

"Oh God, Cassie! Please calm down. Please calm down." I didn't reply, I just kept crying.

"Come on, I'll get you home." He lifted me in his arms, bridal style and carried me all the way home. Leaving me on my door step, as he couldn't get in, he looked at me apologizing.

"I'm sorry Cassie, you had to see this. I know there is no excuse for Damon, but please accept my apologies."

I turned to look at him and my look must have given him enough answers. I didn't want to be related with any of these again. I wanted them to leave me alone.

"Ok, I'm leaving." I didn't say anything.

Getting into the house I rushed to my room, lying on the bed and crying my eyes out. I know he had done bad things, but he didn't deserve that. The only thing he wanted was to get away from his curse and be with the woman he loved. Damon instead, he totally deserved something like that. He had killed and tortured many people. It was the time for him to pay.

And that was a promise...

Author's Note: Just a filler, I know not so interesting, but... Elijah is going to come soon...