Chapter 132

The rest of the week passed quietly. No visions, no prophecies, no unpleasant surprises. I was just watching Hayley all day, without any problems. The baby was growing, as well as her tummy. I knew my time here was running out. I didn't know if I should be happy about it. Klaus had left for a few days and today he came back. He didn't tell me where he was going.

"I had started thinking you had abandoned us." I said seeing him.

"You know I would never do that." He said with a smile. He was in a good mood.

"Oh..." I said realizing it.

"What again?"

"Where were you exactly?" He hesitated. I raised an eyebrow.

"I was in Mystic Falls." That took me by surprise.

"What?" I exclaimed.

"Easy... Before you start accusing me of messing with your friends, I give you my word that my visit had nothing to do with them."

"And why exactly did you go back there?" He hesitated again. I sighed annoyed. "Klaus..." I groaned. He exhaled loudly. "Will you tell me or not?" I said raising my voice.

"Katherine Pierce was dying." My eyes grew wide.

"What? How?" I exclaimed.

"Long story, but the point is she is dead."

"And you went over there to gloat over a dying Katherine Pierce?"

"Is that judgement I here in your voice?"

"It's anger, actually."

"About what?"

"Not taking me with you." He smiled at my response.

"I never thought you would gloat over a corpse-to-be."

"Well, this time is personal." I explained. It was his turn to raise an eyebrow. "Ask your brother." He nodded understanding.

"You didn't explain to me though, why you are in such a good mood."

"Katherine is dead. Why shouldn't I?"

"It's not only that. Something else has happened. You seem like a king that has conquered his enemy's empire. Not that you haven't already, but... You get my point." He laughed.

"You know me so well." Then a thought crossed my mind. I stopped abruptly.

"Please tell me you didn't..." He remained silent flashing a victorious smile.

"You and Caroline?" I shouted.

"Mind lowering your voice?" He whispered.

"No! I can't believe that!" I shouted again. Klaus rolled his eyes. "Did you take precautions?" I said in a lower voice.

"Caroline is a vampire. We didn't have to."

"So, it was just an one-night-stand?" He shrugged. "Thank God!" I said exhaling relieved.

"Excuse me?" Klaus said offended.

"What? I'm sorry, but you are not the type of a guy for relationship. Not to mention a healthy one."

"Let's just drop this subject, shall we?" He said suddenly uneasy about the subject.

"Ok." I compromised, smiling noticing the light shade of red on his cheeks. "I'll go check on Hayley." I said in the end.