Chapter 36

Elijah's P

Elijah's P.O.V.

After making a deal with the lovely Elena and visiting Stefan and Katerina in the tomb, I had only one thing left. To keep my word. I was out of Cassandra's house. There wasn't any movement in the house, so I assumed she had already gone to sleep. I climbed easily to her window and to my luck the curtains weren't closed. I could see her sleeping peacefully surrounded by used tissues.

"Why were you crying my beauty?" I whispered.

I had come several times out of her house observing her, trying to figure out what made her so special. Except her rare beauty. She was one of the most beautiful girls I had ever seen in my life. And I have been living for quite a long time.

Only today, when I heard her beautiful voice I realized who she was. I never thought that a simple human girl would invade my dreams. I had been dreaming of her for months now and at first I thought there was some other vampire or a witch that wished to taunt me. But, now I knew. I knew she was special.

Sometimes she noticed me looking at her from across the street. But most of the times she was asleep. Once, I had opened her window, but the invisible wall prevented me from entering the house as I wasn't invited in. Same thing today. I was watching her from a distance, sleeping quietly. She looked like an angel. Her red hair falling over her shoulders and surrounded her face like a halo. The only thing I didn't understand was what could link the two of us. An angel and a demon.

Earlier this evening, it was the first time I had ever actually spoken to her. That moment by her car, when our eyes locked and we both were unable to look away, I understood something very strong linked us. Never before in my life had I felt like this.

I was sitting out of her window, watching my little angel sleeping and I was sure for only one thing.

I would protect her even if it was the last thing I would do...

Author's Note: Sorry, it's a small chapter, but it's in Elijah's P.O.V.!!!!! One of my most favourite chapters I must say!!!