Chapter 79

I was at my place, lying on my bed, looking at the ceiling. After seeing the vision, I passed out. You can blame the wine for that. I'm usually more resistant. Although, Rebekah asked me a million times, when I woke up, what I had seen, I didn't tell her. Unfortunately, the plans on killing Klaus would fail, but it would be better not having Mikael around.

I can handle Klaus, somehow. But, Mikael... No one can handle Mikael... I thought. I spent the whole day inside, ignoring the calls from my friends. I only replied to a message from Elena. We are planning on killing Klaus tonight, with the help of Mikael. She wrote. I know and I don't want to have any part in it. Please, keep me out of this. I replied.

It was already dark outside, when I heard the doorbell. I went downstairs to see who it was, although I didn't have a good feeling about it. I was inside the house, I couldn't be compelled and therefore I was protected. I opened the door to face the person I expected the least to see at the moment.

"Mikael." I said. Or growled, for that matter.

"Cassandra. I see you know me already."

"And I see you know me already." I replied in the same tone. Not a typical meeting with your father-in-law. At this thought, I shivered.

"May I come in?" He asked.

"Of course not." He chuckled.

"Well, well. I see you are a very smart lady. I understand why my son chose you."

"Excuse me?" How could he know about me and Elijah?

"I suppose you are wondering hot I'm aware of your little affair with my son, Elijah. But, that's not important right now. You see, I'm also aware that the abomination that dares to call me father has been devoted to you protection."

"I don't know why Klaus wants to protect me and I'm tired looking for an answer that's not going to come." I replied in annoyed tone.

"But, I know." That caught my attention.

"But, you are not going to tell me. I don't care. Find somebody else to play with." I said closing the door.

"Wait!" He yelled and I stopped.

"What?" I asked in a very annoyed tone.

"Don't trust him, under no circumstances."

"I don't." I said closing the door for good.

What's the worst thing that can happen? I thought. Will he kill me? I didn't know that. But, I hadn't seen any visions either. How could he attempt to kill me? Set the house on fire... Break down the wall... Now I have to worry about Mikael too... And how did he know about me and Elijah? Or Klaus's protective attitude towards me? Was that a good enough reason to kill me?
While all these thoughts were torturing my mind, the doorbell rang again. Perfect he has returned to kill me, I thought. But, opening the door made me think otherwise. This was much worse.

"Aren't you ready yet?" Caroline exclaimed.

"Nope."

"Do you have a dress?"

"Nope."

"Cassie you are killing me!"

"Nope."

"Ok, now stop!"

"Nope."

"Cassie!!!" She exclaimed.

"Fine."

"Will you come to the dance?"

"I think I made it pretty clear that I'm not intending to go to the dance."