Chapter 130

Cassie's P.O.V.

"What are you two doing here?" I asked, seeing Rebekah and Hayley messing with some boxes that were full of... wedding dresses?

"Speak of the devil! Where have you been?" Rebekah asked a little annoyed. I raised my hands in defence.

"I was out for only an hour! Please don't tell me that the world has collapsed while I was gone!" Rebekah rolled her eyes.

"And where were you exactly?" Hayley asked. I shrugged.

"I took a walk actually. I can't really put up with this vampire smell for too long." I said trying to convince them. Because I was lying. Terribly. "And what about these wedding dresses? Don't tell me you've been collecting them all these years?" Rebekah shrugged.

"Today is the Casket Girls' Festivities. Women usually wear them for this occasion. Do you want one?" Her offering took me by surprise. I had never really thought about marriage. Not that mattered anymore.

"No, thanks!" Apparently I denied her offering too quickly, which made her laugh. Suddenly, there was a lot of movement in the compound. A lot of vampires, day-walkers, were walking fast to the exit. "What's going on?" I asked.

"Where have you been?" Rebekah said. I raised my eyebrows indicating that I wanted a proper answer to my question.

"The witch, Davina, is missing." Hayley explained.

"What? Why?"

"She walked out from the front door. Do you know anything about it?" Rebekah said turning to Hayley.

"No. Although, I did tell her that the witch elders were dead."

"And why would she care when the witches tried to kill her in their ritual?" I asked.

"I think it was more that Marcel didn't tell her that the one thing preventing her from being free had been eliminated."

"So you are the reason, she run off." Rebekah concluded.

"I was just telling her the truth!" Hayley defended herself. "She is the one that realized that they were just using her to keep their control over the witches."

As Hayley was talking, Klaus made his appearance and then shortly after Marcel. "Well, I've never been a fan of the boys' club." Rebekah said looking at her brother and Marcel. "Just wait, Elijah will join them and the three of them will be impossible." I chuckled at her ironic comment.

"The three Musketeers." I added causing the other to chuckle as well.

"Cassandra!" Klaus shouted from the balcony he was standing.

"Oh crap!" I whispered.

"Good luck!" Hayley said to me, while I was making my way to where Klaus was.

"What is it, Klaus?" I shouted back. He smiled.

"I need to talk to you for a moment. Come." He said and I didn't have any other choice, but to obey. I ascended the stairs and went to the room where Klaus went.

"What do you want from me, Klaus?"

"I believe you heard that Davina has fled." I shrugged.

"Yes."

"I want your help to find her." That took me by surprise. But honestly, when you had to deal with Klaus nothing should surprise you.

"I'm sorry, but my job is to protect Hayley. Not to be your servant or minion or whatever you want. Ok?" He smiled.

"Trust me. This is about protecting Hayley."