Chapter 86

We stared at each other for a few moments. Come on, say something! I was scolding myself.

"New haircut?"

Really? That was the smartest thing you could think of? He smiled warmly.

"Yes. I thought it was time for a change." I still couldn't believe I was actually hearing his voice again. I had missed it so much...

"So, you are awake." I said. I hoped he hadn't noticed that my voice was slightly trembling.

"Yes, I'm awake."

"Good." I said and turned my back to leave.

"Wait!" He called out desperately. I felt his hand touching mine. It felt so right, so perfect. I turned around to look at him. "I know what you think of me, but-"

"Shhhh..." I said putting my finger on his lips. "I understand why you did what you did. I would to do the same if I knew there was a way to have my family back. The difference is that my parents are dead, in contrast with your family that is half-dead." He gave a soft squeeze on my hand. "But, that doesn't mean I forgive you. Klaus is out there, torturing my friends like he has nothing better to do. And I hate to see my friends in this condition. I hope your return is for the best. I can't even think that things can get even worse."

"I'm here to help." He replied putting his hand under my chin.

"I hope so." I whispered. I could hardly talk. His chocolate brown eyes captivated me. I sighed, trying to focus on something other than his eyes. "Look, I have to go. I have something to do." I said and turned away from him, abruptly. Not leaving him time to react, I started walking away from him.

"Wait! Please don't leave me." He begged me, grabbing my hand again.

"What do you want Elijah?" I asked hardly breathing.

I didn't get to hear the answer. Everything turned into dark and in front of me, a picture of a luxurious living room appeared. There were coffins around me. Klaus's house. Soon enough, I spotted him talking with somebody else. He must have been one of his hybrids. Suddenly, the hybrid made a painful scream and collapsed on the ground in front of a stunned Klaus. Oh, his look was priceless.

"So, what did I miss?" Elijah asked holding the hybrid's heart in his hand.

"Elijah..." Klaus whispered.

"You look surprised to see me. So, it wasn't you that removed the dagger from my chest." Elijah concluded. I recognized that look. He was about to smash everything.

"You look like you could do with a drink and we have a lot to discuss, shall we?" Klaus replied, trying to control the situation.

As far as I could tell, this had happened last night. So, it was an event from the past. In the mean time, Elijah had thrown himself on Klaus and they were fighting. And when I say fighting, I mean real fight with clenched fists and a lot of anger. The scene was hilarious. For me at least. Elijah gave a hard push to Klaus and he fell on one of the coffins. I held my breath, as Klaus opened a coffin and took the dagger that was invaded into one of the Originals.

"Don't make me do this to you again Elijah!" He threatened. I seriously felt my heart stopping beating.

"Come on. Use it. I dare you. You let Kol to deal with." It didn't take long for Klaus to release Elijah. It appeared that he was more afraid of his little brother than his older one. I wonder if all the Mikaelsons had such a temper.

"Mikael is dead." Klaus announced.

"What?" Elijah said looking at him wide-eyed.

"I killed him with his own weapon. He is gone Elijah forever." He reassured him.