Chapter 126

Elijah's P.O.V.

I looked at Cassandra surprised. I didn't expect her to be here. Especially, after what happened yesterday.

"I see you made yourselves comfortable in here." She commented ironically.

"What are you doing here?" Hayley asked.

"I'm here to take you home." Of course. She was here for Hayley.

"Well, I'm not leaving Elijah alone. He is sick. He needs to be taken care of." Cassandra rolled her eyes.

"He won't be left alone. I'll stay with him." My eyes grew wide, once I heard her saying that. Hayley had the same reaction as well. "Oh, don't look at me like that! Anyway, back to the point my friend Venus, over here, will escort you back home, while I'll stay with Elijah." She said, as a black girl with short curly hair, made her appearance behind her.

"I don't want to leave." Hayley said shaking her head negatively.

"Hayley, please, listen to her. I'll become unstable. I'll start to see things. Please, go." I intervened, knowing that she would be in danger as long as she was with me.

"No, I'm not leaving you." She said in a determined voice.

Cassandra turned to look at her friend. "Did you hear that Venus? She is not leaving." The other girl just nodded. "Alright, then. We will stay with you, just to make sure nothing bad happens." Cassandra said, entering the small house we were in. The other girl followed.

"You don't have to." Hayley retorted.

"Yes, I do. And I'm not negotiating this." Cassandra replied as determined as Hayley was before.

A moment of silence passed, while I was observing Cassandra's friend, who was pretending to look around the house, but I was sure she was waiting for something. Once Hayley stood up from beside me to get some water, quickly Cassandra followed her.

"I'm going to take some water. Relax." Hayley said facing her. Cassandra remained silent. That's when I noticed Cassandra's friend being exactly behind Hayley. What was going on? Hayley must have sensed it too, because she turned around, coming face to face with her.

"What the h-" She didn't manage to finish her sentence, because Venus casted a spell knocking her out. Cassandra quickly grabbed her before she fell on the floor.

"What is going on?" I shouted standing up, with all the strength I had left.

"You think I would leave her with you in your present condition?" Cassandra said, holding Hayley tight. "I figured that drugging her, as you used to do to me, might harm the baby, so this was the only way to make her leave safely. Or perhaps did you want her to stay?" I shook my head negatively. "Good. I'm taking her to your car. You know what do to next." Cassandra said turning to her friend.

"Are you sure about this?" She asked her. She seemed hesitant about something.

"We've discussed this. I'm not changing my mind. Go." With that their conversation ended and Cassandra carried Hayley to the car waiting outside.

I lay down on the bed again, staring at the ceiling, when I heard somebody entering again. I turned to look who it was and surprised I saw Cassandra.

"What are you doing here?"

"I said to Hayley that I would stay with you. So here I am. Besides, I'm not in a condition that allows me to be around anyone either." It took me a while to understand what she meant. That's when I noticed a few drops of sweat on her forehead. I instantly felt bad. She was in this condition because of me. I was surprised though by the fact that she and I were still connected.