Chapter 110

"So, Sandra... What brings you here?" Marcel asked, obviously enthralled to hear my reply. I shrugged.

"Vacation." It wasn't the answer he expected. His smile spread across his face.

"Really?"

"Having hard time to believe it?" I replied raising an eyebrow.

"No, it's not that... It's just that I think you are running from something or... someone." He said reluctantly watching my reaction.

"Well, I wouldn't say that. I'm not running from anyone or anything."

"I don't mean to offend you, I just say what I sense. If you don't want to tell me, that's ok." I sighed. Was I really an open book?

"I'm just making a new start."

"Bad breakup?" He questioned.

"Well, you wouldn't call it exactly a breakup, but..." I left my sentence unfinished. I took a sip of my drink.

"I'm not asking more. I promise." He took a sip of his beer and remained silent for a bit. It was weird not to hear his voice. He was a very talkative person. "You know, as the leader of the French Quarter," And here I thought he wouldn't remind it to me. I thought bitterly. "I invite you to one of our parties that are held tonight." I laughed. "You mean the ones that you get people drank and suck their blood out of them?" His smile fell. "I've done my research. Don't worry, I'm not going to expose anything. It's your business and I have nothing to do with it." He nodded with appreciation and the smile that had just returned to his face grew wider when I accepted his invitation.

The party was dull. The music was good. The drinks were even better. But, I didn't really find entertainment anymore in such events. "Are you having a good time?" Marcel asked sitting next to me.

"To be honest, I stopped having fun with such things a long time ago."

"Too bad... What made you take this decision?"

"Nothing in particular." I replied taking a sip of my drink.

"And are you sure you are not bothered by what is happening here?" I took a look around. Vampires drinking, having fun, draining innocent people...

"Nuh... As I said not my business." He looked at me closely for a moment.

"Oh my..." He said shocked and enthralled at the same time.

"What?" I asked raising an eyebrow. Took him long enough.

"You have abandoned your humanity, haven't you?"

Author's Note: Hehehe.... I'm 100000000000000000000000000000000000% sure you NEVER, EVER, EVER saw this coming!!!!!!!! So, tell me what you think!!!!!! *smiles evilly*