Chapter 114

Cassie's P.O.V.

Some people will never change. And by that, I'm referring to Klaus. How many times has he stabbed Elijah? Two or three? I can't really remember. And Elijah constantly is off guard and allows himself to get daggered. And that means I have to suffer too. I hadn't missed that feeling at all. And this morning, it put me in a very difficult position.

Flashback...

I opened my eyes slowly. I didn't recognize the surroundings. I was in a room, I had never seen before. My whole body was aching. I could hardly move. I could hardly breathe. I thought after abandoning my human side that I would have got rid of the pain or the connection with Elijah anyway. I was wrong. It was like reliving the past. And it sucked.

"Good. You are finally awake." A voice was heard from across the room. Marcel. Great. I sat up carefully, before focusing on him. He was sitting on an armchair seeming relaxed and alerted at the same time.

"What is it Marcel?" I asked trying to avoid the obvious.

"There was a strange coincidence this morning." He started eyeing at me.

"Is that so?" I continued the act. I knew it wasn't working.

"Yes. You see, something really weird happened and I want to see if you can give me any explanation." I remained silent, staring at him, trying to show calmness rather than nervousness.

"This morning, I was at a bar with a friend of mine, when out of the blue she fell on her knees, grabbing her chest in agony. After she passed out and I took care of her, I have a very old and semi-dead Original with a dagger in his chest, delivered to me in a box. Now, would I be too suspicious to assume that there is a connection between these two events, although I don't want to believe it?" He finished looking at me, straight in the eyes. I was looking back at him keeping my mouth shut. What was I supposed to tell him?

"I'm waiting for an answer, Sandra. Or perhaps should I call you Cassandra? Klaus seems to really like you... I wonder why. You are a vampire huntress, one of the best in the world actually, he is a hybrid, which means you two should be mortal enemies."

"What do you want Marcel?" I asked suddenly tired.

"I want the truth, Sandra! Or Cassandra or whoever you are!" He shouted. I sighed giving up. He wanted the truth and I would give it to him.

"I don't know if you have noticed, but apart from a vampire huntress, I'm also a prophetess. I assume you know what I mean. When I met Elijah, I was only aware of that part. I had still my humanity and I was struggling to fight my feelings for him. But, it was hard. You see, it was not just a crush. He was my soulmate, as I later found out. Which meant, I couldn't live without him, as I later realized. At that time, Klaus was pretty much an enemy of my friends, thus he was my enemy too. So, I couldn't let myself express the feelings I had for Elijah. But, as time passed by, I found myself even more attracted to him. Eventually, I ended up in his arms, as I was supposed to. It didn't last long. His mommy screw things up, he left me, because in this way he thought he was protecting me. I collapsed. But, I got over it, thinking that he still loved me. That was until, I saw him making out with a bitch that was an enemy of my friends and mine, of course. I fell apart all over again. That's when I decided, I couldn't leave in pain for the rest of my life, so I decided to get rid of my humanity and live peacefully, without emotions getting in the way. At least, that's what I thought, until this morning. I was wearing the talismans and still I felt more vulnerable than ever." I finished looking somewhere far away from Marcel.

"And Klaus's part in all of these?" Marcel questioned.

"It's a long story actually. Remember I told you he killed my father?"