Chapter 33

Tomorrow morning was a very peaceful one. At least, it seemed to be peaceful in the beginning. Everything changed when I received a call from Bonnie.

"Hey, Bonnie, what's up?"

"We need to talk." She said in a serious tone.

"Of course, what is it?"

"It's Elena."

"What's wrong with Elena? Is she hurt?"

"No, but she wants to be."

"I don't understand." She sighed.

"I suppose you know about the sun and the moon curse, as well as that Elena's sacrifice is necessary to break it."

"Yes..."

"She wants to hand herself to Klaus along with the moon stone."

"What? Why? That's completely absurd!" I yelled.

"I know. Katherine told her that when she ran away from Klaus, he wasn't able to break the curse, in order to avenge her, he killed her entire family. Elena is afraid that it will happen again with her friends and family. And plus, Stefan is imprisoned with Katherine in the tomb."

"What? When did that happen?"

"Yesterday. We tried to take the moonstone, but of course Katherine as an original bitch she is, didn't hand it to us, and Jeremy got in to take it us no one else could. We managed to paralyze her for a bit, but she grabbed Jeremy and almost killed him. Then, Stefan got in the tomb and saved Jeremy. Currently, he is suffering by her presence."

"Why didn't anyone tell me anything?" I asked angrily.

"We all agreed it was for your best not to be involved with the whole story."

"And may I know why?"

"Because, you are the last prophetess on Earth. Whether you like it or not, you can't die. You carry centuries of ancient wisdom. You have to be protected."

"Elena has to be protected. Why the hell I'm the one that has to be protected???" I started shouting.

"By protecting Elena, we protect you too. But, if something goes wrong, we want you to be safe."

"We???"

"Elena, me, Caroline, Stefan, Jeremy even Damon."

"Damon, wants me to be safe?"

"Elena wants it. So, he wants it too."

"I got it. But, why are telling me now? What has changed?"

"We need your help."

"What can a poor prophetess do for you?"

"Stop it. Seriously, we need your help. Elena wants to hand herself to Klaus, so that nobody else gets hurt."

"And what can I do?"

"We are planning to trap her in the house. We believe it would be a safe place. We want you to do babysitting."

"Ok. I have arranged with Jena to stop by at the evening to give her some stuff. Do you need me now?"

"It would be good, if you could stop by."

"Ok, I'll be there in 30 minutes."

"See you." She said and hung up.

" She said and hung up