Chapter 90

I couldn't breathe. Everything had frozen. I couldn't believe what I had just heard. That was impossible. But, it probably was. Alexander wouldn't have told me if he wasn't 100% sure. How could he do this to me? That explained his behaviour. I felt like I was trapped in a small space and I couldn't escape. And for a moment I thought he... But, I was wrong. How could I be always wrong for that person? I wanted to....

I could sense everybody staring at me. I focused my look on the talismans. I stood up abruptly. "Cassandra?" Alexander said worried. I put the two boxes on the kitchen counter and took the one talisman out, putting it around my neck. I felt its power conquer me and become the same with mine. I did the same with the other one. "Cassandra?" Alexander repeated. I ignored him, as everyone else. Without looking at anybody, I went out running in the cold night.

3rd person's P.O.V.

Elena and Caroline were sitting outside Caroline's house. Caroline was in a very bad psychological state. Her father was going to die. They were talking about the perks of having a father and how life is without him. Of course, they couldn't but think their friend Cassandra who had never met her father. Suddenly, they heard voices from the distance.

"What's going on?" Elena wondered. Caroline focused to hear what the voices said.

"They are calling Cassie." She replied surprised herself. Like a draught of air, their friend passed by them without turning to look. They were both staring at her in astonishment.

"How can she run that fast?" Elena asked. Before Caroline manages to answer, a group of nearly twenty people, passed by them in the same way.

There was only one girl that was left far behind who looked a lot like Cassandra. She approached them trying to put her breathing under control.

"Are you ok?" Caroline asked the girl concerned.

"Yes, thank you." She replied once she was able to breathe normally.

"Who are you?" Elena asked.

"I'm Iphigenia." She said.

"Oh, Alexander's sister." Elena realized.

"Did Cassandra tell you about me?" The girl asked surprised. They both nodded.

"Iphigenia, what happened? Why Cassie is running? And how can she run so fast?" The girl took a deep breath and explained everything to them. Elena and Caroline stared at her horrified.

"She is going to kill him." Elena said looking at Caroline who had the same horrified expression on her face.

Rebekah's P.O.V.

The Original family was finally reunited. I could have all my siblings on my side, without fearing my brother's rage. We had all decided to forget everything about him, until our mother came in and declared that she wanted us to be family again. How strange... How could we be described as a family, when no one would hesitate to kill the other? I looked at Niklaus, the person I have been calling brother for centuries, but as it turned out he was a backstabbing liar.

Out of the blue, the door opened with great force. All the members of my family tensed. But, seeing Cassandra we all immediately relaxed. Even my siblings that hadn't met her. It seems that a short, sixteen-year-old girl wasn't much of a threat. She didn't look at us. Like, we didn't even exist. I could feel her anger. I had never seen her that angry before. What had happened? Her glare was fixed on my brother. What was going on?

A group of nearly twenty people appeared behind her. "Is that him?" A brunette girl asked behind her. She didn't respond. She just looked at my brother in a very hostile way. I turned to look at the others. They were all having their attention on the strange scene that was played in front of our eyes. Cassandra took a step forward and started talking, looking only at my brother.
"Niklaus Mikaelson." She said. Oh no! That was definitely serious. Not only was she calling my brother with his full name, but also her voice had a weird calm tone which came into contrast with what was happening inside her.