Chapter 94

His warm lips touched mine and my whole body was set on fire. I couldn't think of anything else that moment. There was only him. I wrapped my hands around his neck and he pulled me closer to him. I could tell he wanted this as much as I did. It seemed so perfect, so right...

Yes. I decided. This is worth dying for.

He pulled away and looked into my eyes. "I love you." He whispered. My heart stopped beating for a second.

"I love you too." I replied with tears threatening to escape my eyes.

He leaned again and combined our lips to another kiss. I wanted this moment to never end. Never. I wanted to stay in his arms with his lips on mine for the rest of the eternity.

He pulled away again, only leaving me wanting more. "Please..." I begged and I pulled him to me again. He didn't resist. After a while, he broke our kiss and looked me in the eyes.

"Take a breath, my love. I would hate it, if something happened to you." I smiled. It took me a while to remember how to breathe. He looked at me as if I was the only person in the world.

"Wait a second." He said and disappeared. He returned a few moments after, holding a white rose.

"It's beautiful. Thank you." I said taking it. He held both of my hands tight around the rose and he kneeled on one knee. "What-" I started but he cut me.

"Look, I don't expect reimbursement. Ever. If I love you, if I make you happy, you don't owe me anything. I don't expect those things in return. What I hope for, what I sincerely genuinely hope, is that you pay it forward. Love someone unconditionally. Make someone happy. Make someone smile and feel appreciated. Don't pay me back for anything. What makes me happy is seeing the love I share grow and blossom and bloom in you and then spread to others from there." He finished kissing my hands. He stood up and I embraced him tightly.

"I'm so happy." I whispered.

"I'm happy you are happy." He said in the same tone. "I love you, Cassandra. And I always will. You brought me back to life. I was dead before I met you. I'll love you for the rest of my immortal life and that's a promise." I couldn't hold my tears anymore. I looked at his brown eyes and knew that he was mine and only mine.

"I love you, Elijah. I love you more than anything." I said breathless. He leaned and touched my lips with his. I didn't want him to stop.

"We'd better get going. It's started to get cold out here." He said on my lips.

"I don't want to leave." I moaned.

"And I don't want you to catch a cold." He said and placed another kiss on my lips.

"Alright, you convinced me. Where are we going?"

"To my house." I froze. He sensed it. "What's the problem?" He asked concerned.

"I don't want to go there. Do you mind going to my place?"

"Of course not." I could say he was disappointed, but I couldn't tell why.

He put his arm around my waist protectively and took off with his vampire speed. We arrived at my place in an instant. "I'll never get used to that." I said trying to stand on my feet. His arm was still around my waist and helped me stand. He smiled. I stood on the tip of my toes and placed a kiss on his lips.

"And I'll never stop wanting more of that." He put his hand on my cheek affectively. He had been mysteriously silent so far. A cold draught hit me right in the face.