Part 1

If you could find the busiest man alive, there would be no other than Leon Arvell 'LA' Cornwell. Being a CEO of the multi-billion company isn't easy. How he wishes that he's not in this position. But who would else go running the company that has been passed to generation to generation? The company that was established by his ancestors. As the only heir of his generation, he has no option or he has nothing to pass on to his offspring.

But he told himself after he settled all the needs of the company, he will also be going to settle down. That's why he works even harder than before.

His fiancée has been waiting for him for quite so long already. They were childhood sweetheart. And as they grow up they thought that things will be going to change. Like he will be going to find someone else and so as Candice, but their relationship only became even stronger. And they believe that even without the promises made by both of their parents,  they will definitely end up marrying each other.

Because of the businesses he always has a world tour, and this last trip was in Italy for the change of ownership of his newly acquired 1000 rooms hotel in Firenze only days ago. After he came back from his trip. He has attended a few more business meetings, buying, selling, merging. In fact today he just came back from the business deal. It's a merging of the company that's on the verge of bankruptcy.

Their businesses were growing fast. And he needed to make it sure that everything is doing good before he finally going to settle down.

He hasn't even sat down when the phone rang.

He picked up the phone and sat down.

"Arvel where are you? Don't tell me that you're going to be late in your own party?" Her mother ranting at the other side of the line.

"Mom relax I'll be there, the party will start around six right. I'll be there before six." He replied.

Today is their engagement party. It's only for formality because even without it they will still going to get married anyway.

He glanced at the wall clock. It's only five o'clock and the party is only at the hotel just the opposite of his building, their own hotel. Why his mother is too agitated that he would be late?

"See you there, I'll go now." He said to his mom, he didn't wait for her reply and ended the call.

After he put his things in his briefcase. He stood up from his swivel chair and get out from his room. He punches the lift button.

"Bye Mr. Cornwell." Said the security guard when he went out the entrance glass door. He decided to just walk across rather than to get his car. It will take him a long drive because it's a one-way street.

He's about to cross the pedestrian lane when he heard the rushing vehicles, there was some shooting like a madman. He stepped back but he didn't realize that bullet doesn't know whom to shot. He felt that something hard hit his left arm, it got numb, so he tried to lift his right arm to check but he fell on the ground and darkness engulfed him.

---

After almost forever of sleeping, he opened his eyes. He wanted to open it many times but seems that it was glued that he can't open it.

"Hello, anyone here?" He called out. But it seems that he was gone mute. No sounds came out or are he gone deaf that's why he cannot hear his own voice.

"Hello!" He tried to make it a little louder.

"Doctor, he's awake." The woman's voice but he can't recognize it.

Where is he why the woman called a doctor?

"That's great! How are you feeling Mr. Cornwell?" The man in white asked him.

He just stared at him.

"Where am I?" He asked in his hoarse voice.

"You're still in the hospital. Your parents just went out to have their lunch. They will be back soon." The man replied.

"What am I doing here?" He asked.

"You were accidentally shot when there's a gunfight in front of your building. The bullet has gone through your left shoulder and it hits your heart. You're just lucky that there's an immediate donor that has saved your life. You have to be careful of your new heart. Though we know that it's healthy but it's still under adjustment inside your body." The man told him.

That means the heart that is beating in his chest is not his heart.

"How long I've been here?" He asked.

"Almost on the 4th day." The man replied.

He closed his eyes again after the man left him.

He has a big question about his dream. He has this very weird dream that he couldn't grasp.

He recalled in his dream that he was proposing for marriage to a woman he doesn't even know. He never even saw her in his entire life. Who's that woman?

He's in his deep thinking when he heard the door opened. He opens his eyes and checks who entered.

"Babe, the doctor told us that you're awake." Said the woman, oh she's his fiancée.

"Candice." He utters her name.

"I'm happy you survived. How do you feel?" She asked.

"I'm not feeling okay." He said.

"I understand. Don't talk too much. It will not be good for your new heart." She said.

"Where's Mom and Dad?" He asked.

"They're outside talking with the doctor." She replied.

He looked at his fiancée. He should be excited to see her after months of not seeing her due to his busy trips, but he couldn't feel any excitement seeing her.

"How are you?" He asked.

"I'm good, please don't talk too much. Save it when you're finally back on track." She replied smiling.

He listened, he didn't speak because he doesn't know what to say either.