Part 2

Since he doesn't have any complications. His new heart works perfectly inside his chest. He was discharged from the hospital after 10 days. He will only need regular follow-up visits to monitor his progress.

His doctor said that for the first two months after the transplant, he will need to see his doctor every one to two weeks. And if everything goes well, after six months the visits will cut back to one- or two-month intervals. After a year, these visits may be cut back to three- to six-month intervals.

He will also be able to return to his normal activities gradually. He can resume driving a car when his sternum or breastbone, is fully healed, which takes approximately six weeks. He will also return to work after two to three months after the transplant surgery. It generally takes three to six months to fully recover from heart transplant surgery. However, age and previous medical history problems may cause the recovery period to take longer. But he's not that old, he's the healthy young man of 28.

After three months since the accident Arvel is back to work, but only minimal hours. He isn't allowed to travel yet.

It's supposed to be the right time to marry his fiancée. Because during his three months of absence from his work he could tell that the workers became more diligent.

But what hinders him in pursuing planning their wedding is the woman who often visited in his sleep and even flushing suddenly in his vision. Who's that woman. Who could he ask about it? He will talk to the doctor tomorrow, maybe he has any idea how he got this kind of dreams that he never had before the accident. Does his new heart has caused his unusual dream?

He scanned the number of his doctor saved in his phone. When he found it, he presses the call button. At the third ring, the doctor answered.

"Mr. Cornwell!" The doctor mentioned his name as he picked up to answer.

"Doctor Martin, can I discuss to you about something?" He asked.

"Of course, can we talk about it through the phone?" Dr. Martin asked.

"I believe it's a little confidential. I don't know, but it's not a short topic for sure." He replied.

"Okay then, I'm free after 2 O'Clock, if you want I can come to you so you won't have to drive." Dr. Martin said.

"Thank you, Doctor, I appreciate it. I'll be right here in my office. I'll tell the receptionist to bring you up when you arrived." He said.

"OK then, I'll be there after 2." The doctor replied.

"Thank you! See you later." He said.

"See you!" The doctor replied.

The doctor arrived after two and he told him what bothers him.

"Let me start it this way. The heart ultimately stores memories through combinatorial coding by nerve cells, which allows the sensory system to recognize smells, according to cellular memory theory." Dr. Martin said.

"Though the cell memory phenomenon, while still not considered 100 percent scientifically-validated, is still supported by several scientists and physicians. The behaviors and emotions acquired by the recipient from the original donor are due to the combinatorial memories stored in the neurons of the organ donated." The doctor added.

"Heart transplants are said to be the most susceptible to cell memory where organ transplant recipients experienced a change of heart. In a study published in the Journal of Quality of Life Research, researchers interviewed 47 patients who received a heart transplant over a period of two years in some parts of the world. Researchers found that 79 percent of patients did not feel that their personality changed post-surgery, 15 percent experienced a change in personality due to the life-threatening event, and six percent did confirm a drastic change in their personality due to their new heart. While the percentage of personality changes as a result of an organ transplant hints to be insignificant, further research has been done to validate the existence of this concept." He paused.

"So far I don't think if I've changed because no one has said it yet." He said.

"Well, aside from scientific studies, there have been several real-life cases that support the cell memory theory. Clarice Savanna, a heart transplant recipient who received the organ from an 18-year-old male that died in a motorcycle accident, reported having a craving for beer and chicken nuggets after the surgery. The heart transplant recipient also began to have reoccurring dreams about a man named 'Tim L.' Upon searching the obituaries, Sylvia found out her donor's name was Tim and that he loved all of the food that she craved." The doctor.

"This is what I've experienced, but I don't know her name." He replied.

"It's all because of the memories is stored in the heart of your donor." The doctor said.

"What do you think doctor, would this dream will go?" He asked curiously.

"I've no answer with that question, your question would be answered might go if you will know who's that woman in your dream. That woman must be special to your donor and that's why she's the only one that is saved in the heart memory." Dr. Martin replied.

"How will I know who would be my donor since the hospital opts to not disclose their information to the recipient family. Though I wanted to thank them for saving my life from their family member." He said.

"We can't violate the law." The doctor replied.

"Maybe in your next dream, the name of this woman will be revealed. You may not know how will this woman going to trace your donor." Added Dr. Martin.

"I am hoping for that. I'm supposed to be planning to marry my fiancée but this woman in dream hinders it." He said.

"What do you feel, I mean does the love you felt for your fiancée still the same or it has changed?"

He searches his heart and he couldn't feet it.