Part 30

He wanted to pour out his feeling for her but he has a second thought. So he just hugged her tightly. He loves this woman very much. Now he's not sure if it's because of the memory of his heart or because of him being him. Being the Arvell Cornwell as a whole.

While hugging her, he is more convinced that even without Ryun's heart he will surely love her. If only he had seen her first. But he was promised to marry Candice that he accepted it wholeheartedly. He thought too that he loves her. But when he finally realized that they both follow what their parents wish. What they felt for each other was because of obedience.

"Hmm Ella, I think you want ice cream." He asked sniffing her hair.

She looked up at him. How can he help himself? He wanted to kiss her again.

"Come, we'll get our ice cream because if you're here in my arms I'm not sure what else I can do." He said pulling her to the dining.

"Sit here." He told her and pulled a high chair from a mini bar.

He took out the two small bowl and a spoon. Then took out the two boxes of ice cream from the freezer.

He opened both and scooped each flavor using the ice cream scooper and put in Ella's bowl.

She scooped one spoon and put in her mouth.

"Hmmmmm. Yummy." She said licking the spoon.

Watching her made his heart swell. This is the woman he wants to marry. The woman who wants for him in his life. The woman he wanted to grow old with.

"You have ice cream in your chin." He told her.

She wiped it with her finger but missed to clean the whole patch of ice cream on her chin.

He reached out his hand and clean it for her. He licked his finger with the ice cream from her chin.

"Hmmm, the ice cream from your chin is tastier." He said looking at her who's staring at him while he's licking his finger.

He dipped his finger in the ice cream and spread in her chin. She moves so it landed on her lips. She licked it but missed the one in her upper lip. He stood up from his seat and moved to her side.

"This is how to clean it." He said and he licked it, he carried away and so the ice cream licking project became a kissing project.

He heard her moaning and so he deepen his kiss.

"I love you so much, Ella." He whispered in between kisses.

She suddenly pushed him and stared in his eyes.

He realized what he just said.

"No, you don't love me." She said shaking her head.

"I know you think that I am using you because of what Candice has done to me. And you may think that I am using you to tell the world that I have moved on. That I am not affected by Candice betrayal. And I know too that you won't believe me that I love you. But I have loved you since I saw you. And the reason why Candice betrayal didn't affect me is that I realized--- I don't love her. We only live for lies. We live in obedience to our parents. I don't blame her when she finds someone she really loves. She found Hubert. And I found mine. What happened in our relationship is not a coincidence. It meant to be. Give me a chance to show you." He said to her who is now crying.

"Ella, please don't cry. Please." He hugged her rubbing her back.

"Sshhh. I won't promise but I will do my best to show you how much I love you. To protect you. To honor you. Just give me a chance." He said in a low voice.

She looked up to meet his eyes. He wiped her tears with his thumb.

"I promised to him that I will only love him." She said in between her cry.

"I won't ask you to stop loving him, Ella. Just let me love you." He replied.

He is willing to wait for her. What he asked is just let him love her. That's all. Loving her will give him happiness.

"Arvell---" She said but she stopped.

"Yes, I'm listening." He said.

"I won't promise to love you back." She said.

"I won't ask you to. Just let me love you. It's enough and I will be happy with it. I am willing to wait for your love. Even if it takes forever. Knowing that you're right here I'm contented. That's all Ella. Don't force yourself. So can I love you?" He asked meeting her eyes.

She nodded.

He hugged her and for the third time, he claimed her lips.

"I love you so much." He whispered in her ear.

"Please don't say you love me. Just let me feel it." She said.

"Okay, if that's what you want." He replied. Nothing she would wish that he won't follow.

She smiled at him so sweetly. He never felt or rather say, he never experience this kind of feeling with his ex. From his memory not from his heart.

"Our ice cream can't be eaten now. It's all melted." She said staring at the bowls and the box of ice cream.

"I'll buy more tomorrow." He replied.

"I think I have to go back to my room now." She told him.

"Okay, I'll bring you there." He said.

"I can go down by myself. You don't need to send me." She said.

"I want to. Please." He said with his begging face with matching pouting and blinking eyes.

She laughs at him slapping his chest.

He held her hand and place there.

"You belong there forever." He said.

He noticed her changed of mood again. In a verge to cry again.

"Hey hey hey come here. I'm not torturing you did I?" He asked holding her in his arms.

"No, it's just it's a safe haven in your presence like I belong there." She said pointing her index finger in his chest.

"Because you really belong here my señorita." He said holding her hand still on his chest.

What he wishes for now is that God will give him a long life to spend with her and to show how much he loves her. He wanted to grow old with her.