Part 20

After their tour at the ranch, he decided to go home. He doesn't have to be there while his fiancée or his ex-fiancée is having a holiday with her new boyfriend.

He packed all his things, put them all in his duffle bag. It's still early at night. Only 7 pm. He will just leave his payment at the office when he passes there.

Surely he will miss this place. This beautiful place that holds too many memories of his heart and even his existence as a person itself. He will gonna miss her too, her presence every day made his day complete.

After packing everything. He put his things in his car and drove out from the log cabin that he grew to love.

He stopped at the office and handed the payment of his stay and also the key.

On his way home his phone rung so he turned on the Bluetooth to his car and answer the phone call. He's alone in his car so he can talk to his caller.

"Hello!" He answered the call.

"Arvell!" That's his mother's voice.

"Mom, what's up?"

"Where are you? Your father didn't tell me that you're on your vacation. I only know it when Candice mom called this afternoon that she saw you at one of the ranches around here." His mother said.

"I'm driving on my way home now." He replied.

"Arvell, are you okay?" His mother asked.

"I'm fine Mom. See you at my house." He said.

"Okay, I'll go there." His mother said and she ended the call.

He turned off the car Bluetooth too.

What did Candice tell her parents? Did she tell them that she cheated on him? That will be good that the news will not come from him. That will be good that he's free to find his own woman who wouldn't cheat on him. Someone like Ella who's loyal to her late fiancé. But she's the only one.

Candice was once loyal too right? Or is she really loyal to him? He might not know that behind his back she has other extra activities. Wait! Oh, now he realized. She's not been loyal to him. During their first time sleeping together, she wasn't pure. She told him that she has been injured in riding a horse which he believes it's true. He believed her. How come he didn't know about her injury? Geez! Was he been blind? Who's the first man in her life? Is that Hubert whom with her right now? He thought that they both love each other.

He was fooled by her lies then. Since he knew her he thought that they really meant for each other. Their parents have promised to each other that their kids will be married when the time comes. Both parties were happy that they actually love each other.

Now that Candice is with another man for sure they will not force him to marry her. Definitely, they can't force Candice as well. Marriage wrapped with unfaithfulness is like swimming in the lake of fire. No way. He's not going to get in there. He will choose to be alone rather than to be with a woman who's unfaithful.

Entering his garage. His mother's car is already there. She's so quick or maybe she's already there when she called. He just parks his car in the driveway since his mother's car already occupied his garage.

The moment he stepped out from his car, his mother opened the door and came out to his side.

"You look relieved. Your vacation did a good job on you." His mother commented assessing him.

"Fresh air, fresh surrounding did a great help in my Mom." He replied taking out the duffle bag that he put behind the seat.

"You seems okay, despite your cheating fiancée." His mother said walking behind him.

"Mom, I'm not going to cry because she cheated on me. In fact, I should be thankful that I knew it earlier not after our wedding. How would I know that she never cheated on me since? I think she was cheated on me before." He said putting down his duffle bag on the floor and went to the kitchen to get a glass of water.

"I never thought that she lied to us you know. She's very good at acting that she loves you. That she's happy to be married to you. It's all a lie. She told her mother that she doesn't love you, she only wants to keep the promised she made with her father. Hubert is her secret boyfriend." His mother stopped talking when he starred at her.

"Mom, it's her choice. I don't really mind. I'm glad it happened. I think this is the best thing that happens you know. Being untangle with the promises made by our parents. Maybe we actually don't love each other. We only follow the flow of being promised for each other. You know what I mean. Because in our subconscious we have to love each other so that it will not difficult for us when we really have to get married. But life isn't that way. We have to really feel the real love not just thinking of what will the other people think. Or thinking that we could give them satisfaction. I don't know if it made sense though. Anyway, honestly, I'm fine." He said putting his palm on his chest.

"I guess, you're right. Maybe really the subconscious help you two dictate what you should feel towards another. Well, if you're okay then I'm happy. You're still very young and you have plenty of time to find your soulmate. How's your heart anyway?" His mother asked.

"It's really doing good in my body. The good environment, good food, good exercise, and proper medication helps it to be healthy." He replied.

And also with the presence of the person, the heart loves he said in his mind.

What if he will continue what Ryun's love to his fiancée. He's now free. Maybe it's a way that he could continue what his heart really want to do. He will pursue her. He will start. Hmm. But he will not be going to tell her that it's because of Ryun's heart that is beating for his love to her. He hopes that she will look at him as he is not Ryun. Call it selfishness but he's not Ryun. Only a part of him that is in him.