Part 26

On his second day in Italy, he called Teri that he will not come back until he finishes what he needs to do for his newly acquired Winery. The villa needs a little renovation though it's still pretty good he wants it to have his own touch. Like all the hotels he owned. Even the pool he needs to make an extension. He will be going to turn this place into a resort.

He does not know yet until when the renovation will finish. It hasn't started yet but he already contacted the contractor who also did some minor renovation in the hotel. They will be going to start soon as they promised to him. Anyway, he will make sure that it won't take months or more. Three would be the least. If it needed to hire more workers to make it fast he is more than willing to pay but he will see first.

After he had his breakfast. He gets changed and went to the winery. He didn't change the workers. They were there already and they all know what to do. He doesn't need to train. How could he train them anyway? He knows nothing about the winery. That's why he came early to familiarize the operation.

Mr. Robustelli isn't there anymore. Probably he stayed in his mansion. He doesn't need to work with the money he paid for his winery.

The people greeted him as he arrived at the place, he just drives the service car of the hotel. Anton suggested to hire a car from a rental car company but he refused. He said that the hotel has more than enough service car and using one won't make any difference.

Good thing that he knows Italian that made easier to communicate with the people at the vineyard and the whole winery. Well, as a businessman he needs to learn most of the languages for better and easy transactions.

He spent his whole time there. The contractor called him and confirmed that they will be going to start the next day. He was excited for the next pace of the Robustelli Winery turning into a Resort. The guest will love the place a much as he loves it.

Driving back his hotel service car back to his hotel. It's almost 6 pm. He can't believe that he spent 12 hours in Robustelli's winery.

"Good evening Mr. Cornwell!" Greeted the staff at the concierge when entered the lobby. The car already took from him by the valet.

"Good evening  ladies, will you please send up Anton in my room." He asked the ladies.

"Sure, Mr. Cornwell. We will." Replied one of them.

"Thanks!" He replied and he went to the lift and press the button. Though he wants to take a long shower first he must tell Anton what to do for. He wants him to train a person that could manage the resort as soon as it will finish.

He just washed his face and changed his shirt. He will soak in a bathtub later.

The doorbell rung.

He opened it. It was Anton.

"They told me to come here," Anton said.

"Yes, come in and let's talk." He leads him inside the couch.

"Would you like something to drink?" He asked.

"No need. Thanks, we had just our dinner with some of the staff." Anton replied.

"Well, I will turn this winery into a resort and I want you to train a person who will manage the resort. I want an honest and reliable person. I'll discuss the compensation with the person you think is capable to handle the resort. For now, just find and train that person. It will be needed in less than three months." He told him.

"Sure. We have many honest workers that are qualified for the managerial position. I'll train her soon. You with like her. She's the best staff with a high IQ. She's a new graduate and for sure she will be able to handle the resort. She's hotel and restaurant management graduate." Anton replied ecstatically.

"Well, that's good. After the renovations finish we will open the resort immediately." He said.

"Great, I'll introduce her to you tomorrow. She already left." Anton said.

"I'll come back at the same time as today. Maybe if you could ask her to stay for a little while." He said.

"Sure no problem. I'll tell her." Anton replied.

"Thanks! That's all. Thank you, Anton." He said.

"You're welcome. You're the boss." Anton replied.

He just lifted his hands waving to the leaving Anton.

He closed the door and locked it. He wants to soak in the bathtub so badly. He filled the bathtub and took some wine in the fridge.

The reward for his whole day of hard work. Nice soaking in the bathtub in cool water and his favorite wine. He looked at the label. And he smiled. This is the product of now his own winery. He savored the wine in his lips.

When his bottle of wine almost empty
He decided to come out from the bathtub. He rinses his body and wrapped himself in the big bath towel. He dried his body and find a change of clothes from his suitcase. He hasn't unpacked his suitcase. He will do it now.

"I think I have to purchase my things to leave here." He said to himself.

He decided to do that after the resort willfully done and start the operation. He will probably keep coming and staying in there quite often.

"That's right. I'll add my things here. I don't need to be these things back with me." He said.

He finished unpacking and hanging all his clothes in his wardrobe. After he's done. He felt hungry.

He picked up the phone to dial for room service. He was scanning the menu but then he decided to better go down and choose. He put down the phone and slipped his feet on his brown leather closed tip sandals. He wore faded blue jeans and a plain tee with collar. Away from a businessman's looks. This is how he dresses up even when he was at the ranch with Ella.

He misses her.