Part 22

He resumed his duties in their companies. He needs to focus himself into it. He will set aside everything. He will let the issues subside first then he will make his move. That is to pursue what his heart wants. For now, just focus on his work and nothing else. If before he given his dedication to his duties, now he will give his full dedication.

For the past three days, he received calls from his friends and relatives. They finally know about Candice's betrayal. Telling him how sorry they were knowing that he's supposed to marry a bitch. All have different comments but mostly were loathed her action. He doesn't hate her. She's on her own self. That's her right only that she should have told him. He would understand if he isn't good enough for her.

Anyway, it's over now. He's free. Though he misses her so badly he doesn't want to give her an impression, that it's because he is heartbroken he needs to find a replacement for the vacant space. He doesn't want her to think that way.

Not only that, she seems to have vowed to her fiancé that she will only love him. So it's not a perfect time if he will enter. Her loss is still fresh for her. She can't appreciate it yet even he will show her that he loves her. Of course, there's no question about that. He can't deny it because the heart in his chest is madly in love with her. He's just a carrier of it. The bearer of her fiancé's heart.

"You are deep in thought Mr. Cornwell." His P.A. spoke suddenly that brought him back to reality.

"I'm sorry, what did you say?" He asked her confused.

"I said, you're so deep in thought. Is it Stoll because of your fiancée?" She asked.

"No, not about her. She's in the past now and I'm looking for the near future for the woman that I loved." He said placing his hand in his chest.

His P.A. burst out laughing.

"Hey! What's funny?" He asked though confused yet smiling.

"You're like a teenage boy in your action. You mean you're dreaming with the woman of your dreams? O thought Candice is your dream woman." His P.A. said frowning, she's now the one seems confused.

"Nah! I thought she was, but circumstances have brought out the real Candice and I realized she's not the one for me. She's not mine, she never was." He said.

He wants to add that she cheated on his long time ago and this is not new. But he just kept it to himself. He doesn't want to make it worst. He's thankful that he caught it with his own eyes. Not after they got married. But he still doesn't get it, if she's having an affair with someone, why have to sleep with him? Not just that why she still supposed to marry him?

Well, whatever her motives were, it's over. For sure she knew what will be the consequences of her action. If it is with regards to their company, let her deal with it. He's out of it now.

"There you go again Mr. Day Dreamer." Said his P.A. sighing.

"Come on, give me a break. What is it why you came anyway?" He asked, a bit irritated.

"Hey don't be too harsh I came because the manager of the hotel in Firenze called saying that there's a winery for sale. In case you're interested." She told him.

His mind suddenly lit up with the news.

"Call the pilot, I'll go to Italy right now." He said.

"That's great, now your brain works. Okay, I'll call Greg to get ready. How about your things?" She asked before she leaves his office.

"I'll take care of it myself. Go and call Greg, also readied the car." He said.

"Right on my boss. See you!" His P.A. left his office.

Teri is a nice and efficient woman. She's been working with him for quite a long time now. They studied in the same school but she wasn't able to finish her studies because of some circumstances that cannot be avoided. Her father was diagnosed with lung cancer. Though she gave up her education fund just to save her father's life, cancer has spread already and taken his life. Teri is the one who manages everything when he was in the hospital. Without her, he doesn't know what to do. The staff called her 'his sidekick' or 'the little boss'.

The intercom in his table rung. He picked up.

"Plane is ready and Nathan is waiting for you at the lobby," Teri told him.

"Okay, thanks, Teri. I'll go down in a minute." He replied.

"If I know, you haven't readied your things." She said and she hung up.

He knew it, she'll barge in his office.

"I knew it." He said seeing her in the door frame.

"I knew it too." She replied opening his closet at the near end of the office in front if his washroom. He has his things in there in case there's an emergency get away like this.

"What would I do without you, Teri?" He said smirking.

"You must find the real woman who will look after you Arvell because I'm not going to stay with you forever," Teri replied.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"I'm engaged now and soon I'll get married, and I'm sure Logan won't allow me to work. We have a discussion about this already before that once I get married I have to resign." Teri told him.

Yes, they talked about it many times and the woman has been told him many times too that he has to find someone to train while she's still there.

"Well, congratulations! Won't you do it for me? Find someone who's as responsible as you." He said.

Teri is closing the suitcase and dragging it in front of him.

"I'll advertise it and find a new P.A. for you." She replied.

"Thank you so much, Teri." He said hugging her.

"You're welcome Arvell. I've owed you a lot. You're the only person who took me into your company even without a degree." Teri replied.

"I never regret when I hired you, Teri. You're a great help to me. So I hope you will find a suitable P.A. for me." He said.

"You better go now, Nathan is waiting," Teri said pushing him outside his office.

He chuckled for the action of his P.A. he hoped that his next P.A. will be like her. No hidden motives. Just purely employer/employee relationship.